• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

I'm reminded of Lincoln's comment that:- '"People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like."

However,having said that, I'll put my predjudice aside and go and see it some time.The trailer looked excellent as did Gary Oldman (who I've always liked).

Was Lincoln referring to Guardian readers?

Rear Window/The Birds/Vertigo/Strangers on a Train far better IMO

Vertigo is his masterpiece.

All great films but there's a certain nostalgia value to Hitch. returning to London to shoot Frenzy.Those scenes set in the old Covent Garden are just magical.We were talking about later Hitch films, remember.

If I had to settle for just one Hitchcock "masterpiece" I'd go for The 39 Steps.

Saw Liam Neeson "The Commuter", typical Neeson film, but great escapism for two hours, and I guess a" Commuter 2", could well be on the cards:smile:

8/10 forget how far fetched the movie is and enjoy it for what it is

Darkest Hour , has to be one of the best films this year , one of those films like Dunkirk , makes you feel proud to be British .

Agreed. Apart from the story, the acting was amazing. It was like watching Churchill himself and really brought history to life. It looks like part of it was also filmed at the cabinet war rooms in London which is an amazing place that I would recommend everyone to visit.
They had “ the war rooms” on the TV last week. It’s a film set but it’s very very accurate. They measured everything, and took colour swatches to the real war rooms toget the colours just right. Even the wear marks on the chairs are accurate- there is a mark on the arm of Churchill’s chair where he bangs his hand down and his wedding ring dents the chair. Off subject, and someone is making a mint here. , but they said that they spent £30,000 on his cigars for the filming !

Darkest Hour , has to be one of the best films this year , one of those films like Dunkirk , makes you feel proud to be British .

Enjoyed Darkest Hour but thought Dunkirk was poor. Completely failed to portray the scale of the event.

Last edited:
War for the Planet of the Apes. The 3rd instalment of this already excellent series is far and away the best, Serkis is incredible. 8.5/10

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. Excellent performances all round, also took a few turns I wasn't expecting. 9/10

Back