• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Black Panther - 8/10 - yet another great film to come out of the Marvel conveyer belt. It’s one you can watch without seeing any of the others so the wife enjoy it too.

Means I’m all upto date now and can watch infinity war.

I've just signed up to odeon limitless, as I live a 5 min walk from the chelmsford cinema. In my 1st week I have seen:

Infinity war: Really enjoyed this, a lot of good characters involved. Marvel have really upped the ante with this I think, going to be hard to follow. 8.5/10

Deadpool 2: Enjoyable and funny plus I have a real crush on Zazie Beetz 8/10

Solo - the best of all of the new starwars and origin films so far IMO, a good few characters you'll know
  Spoiler:  
including a massive surprise uncredited character
definitely set up for a sequel. Was pleasantly surprised how good this was 8.5/10

A few flight films:
Stronger - 7/10
Molly's Game - 6/10
It - 8/10

Just watched Pride tonight. Decent film, one for fans of The Full Monty and similar. 7/10

Finally got round to it:

Avengers: Infinity War - 9/10 - Great from Marvel as usual. They’ve managed to fit in all the different heroes and give them plenty of time each to get the story with Thanos going. I thought it was another one like Black Panther that you could probably enjoy without seeing any of the others. Action packed, great CGI throughout and some good humour in there too. Very odd ending but if you knew about the plans for infinity war it leads it in the right direction with that ending.

I've just signed up to odeon limitless, as I live a 5 min walk from the chelmsford cinema. In my 1st week I have seen:

Infinity war: Really enjoyed this, a lot of good characters involved. Marvel have really upped the ante with this I think, going to be hard to follow. 8.5/10

Deadpool 2: Enjoyable and funny plus I have a real crush on Zazie Beetz 8/10

Solo - the best of all of the new starwars and origin films so far IMO, a good few characters you'll know
  Spoiler:  
including a massive surprise uncredited character
definitely set up for a sequel. Was pleasantly surprised how good this was 8.5/10

I enjoyed Solo more than Rogue One, I set my expectations pretty low for the non-anthology movies plus Ron Howard was parachuted in to finish the movie, so I was expecting a bit of a mess. If not a sequel then they have definietly opened up another story or two that could be worth telling.

The greatest Showman. Musicals can be a bit marmite, but this one absolutely blew me away. Fabulous film.

I second that!

It really is a marmite film. My sis in law has seen it multiple times at the cinema. If not for the missus I would have binned it after 5 minutes....and not just because it's a musical - I love La La Land.

It really is a marmite film. My sis in law has seen it multiple times at the cinema. If not for the missus I would have binned it after 5 minutes....and not just because it's a musical - I love La La Land.

Rock of Ages is about as close to enjoying a musical that I will ever get. It’s just not my cup of tea. The kids loved the greatest showman.

You seem to hate the movie
but you come from Milton Keynes
It seems to me you're lacking
All the really worthwhile scenes
From MK down to Southend
You often watch some grot
And having read your ratings
You've watched a ****ing lot.
Allez, Allez, Allez.

Back