• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Black Panther. This marvel film dials back on the humour of recent marvel movies, the world building of Wakanda is fantastic - a brilliant melding of futuristic technology and african culture. There is a political element to this movie which for me added to it, it does hit a lot of the superhero origin story tropes but does them well anyway. A terrific cast - standouts Michael B Jordan, Laetitia Wright & Andy Serkis. There were a few times I noticed the cgi, but overall a great addition to the MCU but not quite top 5 for me. 8.5/10

Lady Bird - 9/10 - Fantastic film, very funny and very moving. If it wins best oscar (and others) then it'll be well deserved

Kingsman - Golden Circle. I can understand Elton not giving a monkeys but is Colin Firth really that hard up for work. Poor, poor, poor. I had better choices on the plane and wished I’d taken them. I enjoyed the original but this was too contrived, too samey, samey. When the funniest joke in the film is about an old guy who had first first decent **** in 3 weeks you know it’s a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Black panther- enjoyed it, not your standard superhero flick. 8/10

Mute- Netflix movie which seems to have gotten slated but I thought it was pretty enjoyable. Solid 7/10

Daddy’s Home 2 - 9/10 - Normally when you have a decent comedy film and they make a sequel you think it won’t be better than the first or as good. Well this certainly beats that logic a really funny film with some really good actors in it. It’s a nice easy watch with a load of laugh out loud moments. Watched it in the Falklands and then watched it again last night and it’s just as funny 2nd time round.

Black panther- enjoyed it, not your standard superhero flick. 8/10

Mute- Netflix movie which seems to have gotten slated but I thought it was pretty enjoyable. Solid 7/10

I know we haven't done this for ages, but it always tickled me and Black panther is a good film to do it ........

....... especially for TUIB, counting the amount of black people in this film was near impossible :hilarious:

Logan Lucky. A great fun heist movie with a great cast, Daniel Craig is the standout. 8/10

The Shape of Water. Loved it, fan of Del Toro anyway, loved the green colour palette, it does feel like a culmination & masterpiece of a filmmakers career. Also reminded me of Amelie in an odd way. 9/10

Logan Lucky. A great fun heist movie with a great cast, Daniel Craig is the standout. 8/10

The Shape of Water. Loved it, fan of Del Toro anyway, loved the green colour palette, it does feel like a culmination & masterpiece of a filmmakers career. Also reminded me of Amelie in an odd way. 9/10

I watched the shape of water this weekend and was expecting big things with all the Oscar hype. It was nice visually as you mention but I was very underwhelmed by the film in general. Not a bad film but an average 7/10.

Also watched I Tonya which was quite good 8/10

SOW is the one of the most uninspiring films to win an Oscar. Visually stunning but the story is hackneyed, cliched and full of massive plot holes. Definitely a case of style over substance. Agreed about I, Tonya - great film, laugh out loud funny in places.

I've also watched - Blade Runner 2049 (too long), Call Me By Your Name (incredibly dull), Ferdinand (quite fun but some awkward 6yr old questions about abbatoirs).

The Florida Project.Easily the best of the Oscar nominated films that I've seen,which probably explains why it didn't win anything.Powerful and moving.Willem Dafoe was excellent as usual.

Back