• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

The ending is a parallel to the book of Job and how god appears in a whirlwind, and does lots of random and unexplained things to good people, much like the protagonist in the film.

I really like it, but can see why the ending is a bit odd.

Obviously not up on my Bible....or Torah!

Not a film as such, but I got to see the Book of Mormon on Monday night and it's absolutely sensational. Everything it's absolute on point and it's masterfully crafted. The best thing I've seen in ages.

Man of Steel - undecided/10 - think I need to watch it again I can't quite work out if I really enjoyed it or it was a load of *****. Not sure where they are going to go with the next one which I assume is Batman vs Superman and with Ben Affleck as Batman I don't think I will enjoy it. Who knows, anyone else seen this?

Enough Said. Rom-com starring Julia Louis-Dreyfuss and James Gandolfini in his last role. If your Mrs wants to watch a romantic comedy make sure you suggest this as it has more depth than most, with real chemistry and natural humour between the two leads. 8/10

Her - Excellent stuff. Tad overlong and maybe the fact that Scarlett Johannsen conjured up images of her as Samantha sort of helped in the "sex" scenes (maybe an unknown voice may have been better) but overall great stuff. 8/10

Man of Steel - undecided/10 - think I need to watch it again I can't quite work out if I really enjoyed it or it was a load of *****. Not sure where they are going to go with the next one which I assume is Batman vs Superman and with Ben Affleck as Batman I don't think I will enjoy it. Who knows, anyone else seen this?

I thought the same, undecided about it.
Kevin Costner looked older than his years.

I finally got around to watching 'The Wolf on Wall Street' i had been reluctant to watch it for ages as Stock brokers, Leonardo Dicaprio, Scorsese in a 3 hour movie just didn't appeal to me.

How ****ing wrong was I...

I don't want to spoil anything but possibly the best movie i've seen in 2-3 years, classic and kind of want to watch it again. Must see.... 9/10

The Artist (yes, yes, I know, but I rarely go to the cinema and it was on BBC2 at the weekend).

7/10

Entertaining enough, but if that won Best Picture at the Oscars then it must have been a duff old year. Berenice Bejo was nice to look at though and the dog was very clever.

The thread title is "Films you've watched recently..." so unless you know when GrumpyBlue watched Nebraska I'd suggest you can't possibly know whether the comment was late or not.

FYI,

GB is (or certainly used to be)an old mate of mine.My "Nebraska" post was (meant to be)a tonge-in-cheek, wind up.

Crystal?

Pompeii.

Imagine you took Gladiator, Dante's Peak and Titanic and put them all in a pot and mixed them. Then add a massive pile of fresh steaming horse manure and threw it in.

Thats Pompeii for you.

Not only could Keifer Sutherland not save it, he has such an absurd accent he even made it worse.

2/10.

Nebraska. Sad, funny, warm, wonderful. Not only were Bruce Dern & Will Forte superb but so were June Squibb & Bob Odenkirk. It should have won Oscars. 10/10

Back