• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Pubey

Simple... state a film you've recently watch and give it a rating out of 10. maybe a little line or two. it might be a good way of recommending some films!

The Lives of others - 9/10. really good film, worth all the hype and an excellent insight into post-war paranoid Germany. a stunning ending and really quite moving. I would definitely recommend it

Secrets and Lies - ok, it came out 12 years ago, but I've only just got round to watching it! Directed by Mike Leigh, with superb performances from Brenda Blethyn and Timothy Spall in particular. 8/10

The Lives of others - 9/10. really good film, worth all the hype and an excellent insight into post-war paranoid Germany. a stunning ending and really quite moving. I would definitely recommend it

Top film, Josh - chalk up another vote for that one here.

Saw There Will Be Blood on Friday night... and I'd give it a 9/10. A staggering performance from Daniel Day-Lewis, an epic film in its scale... but be warned, it's a really bleak film, a study in misanthropy and isolationism. The missus didn't enjoy it at all!

:eek:

But I loved it, and you can see why Daniel Day-Lewis won an Oscar for it - it's an incredible performance by him, it really is.

Matt

Semi-recently, The Machinist (El Maquinista) with Christian Bale. I'd give it a 10. Superb film.

IMDB

Cloverfield - 8/10 - Already discussed to death
Jumper - 7/10 - Close your brain and just watch
The Bucket List - 8/10 - Enjoyed seeing two great actors combining.
The Accidental Husband - 4/10 - Not my choice!
Juno - 6/10 - Didn't quite get the hype around this one.

Next up is Vantage Point.

Death at a Funeral.

Came out a while ago and saw it at the cinema. Got it on DVD on Saturday and watched it again as I enjoyed it a lot.

Great British cast, farcical plot, very silly.

Not the usual film I would go for, but it's very funny.

9/10

Rise of the Footsoldier.

Very violent and hell alot of swearing, it starts with the ICF and ends up recounting the story of the Rettendon murders. Its actually quite nasty to watch in some places! Probably not the sort of film to watch with your missus just ask Vange Shrimper! :hilarious:

I enjoyed though it so i'd give it 8 out of 10.

Good thread btw!

Alien V Predator 2

6/10 not bad good effects but looks like its made itself open to maybe a decent number 3 film

They should work on Alien 5 rather then the AVP franchise

Be Kind Rewind- more of a linear narrative than other Gondry films, but most of his trademark visual oddities are still there and done with real charm. some very funny moments although it piles on the sentiment at the end. 7.5/10

Never seen it to be honest but after you and others saying its THAT good I will have to see it

yea scott do it, i had been avoiding it like the plauge, just didnt like the look of it but it is immense.

also recently seen

let it be - classic
Juno - not as bad as it sounds
cloverfield - proper good flim that
Alien v blah blah - perhaps the worst flick ever made

Saw Control recently as well. Didn't think it quite deserved all the hype, but Sam Riley was excellent as Ian Curtis and of course it being about Joy Division the soundtrack was excellent! 7/10

michael clayton - 8/10. good performance from george clooney, but i wasn't as impressed by Tilda Swinton who really wasn't in the film much at all (defintely not enough for a best supporting actress award). however a well paced thriller which came to a pretty thrilling conclusion. worth it if you like your grisham/legal stuff

Semi-pro - 3/10. If you watch the trailer you'll see two out of the three semi-amusing bits.

Back