• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Interesting questions

What about Ceacescu (don't think that's spelt right, but you'll probably know who I mean)? Weren't him and his missus put to death when they were overthrown?

In their (excellent) book "Mao: The Unknown Story", Jung Chang and Jon Halliday 'credit' Mao Tse-Tung with the death of about 70m Chinese.

As supposedly lefty as I am, Stalin was far more bloodthirsty than Hitler. I read somewhere that the population of Eastern Europe is 60 Million down on what is should be due to him.

I'm not sure bloodthirsty is necessarily the right word. Maybe heartless. The 60million figure is mainly from people Stalin let die, rather than actively pursued to kill. He was maybe bloodthirsty with all those killed during the purges (somewhere between about 0.5m and 2m).

I'm not sure bloodthirsty is necessarily the right word. Maybe heartless. The 60million figure is mainly from people Stalin let die, rather than actively pursued to kill. He was maybe bloodthirsty with all those killed during the purges (somewhere between about 0.5m and 2m).

I think the 60m figure is the descendants that obviously don't exist now due to the people he killed/let starve etc.

Yes. Rather earlier than they were due to be, if I remember rightly.

On Christmas Day too!! Apparently it was early, they didn't their coffee & biscuits!!

I think you can see their execution on YouTube, if you're that way inclined!!

DD - what uni is that? And is that to read history?

Yea im reading history at Cambridge- im trying to stay away from the 20th Century stuff though - fancy a change since A levels and GCSEs are just saturated with those topics. And looking back what i posted last night is actually not that accurate...i think my mind has been bombarded with Medieval England and pushed all the 20th Century stuff out!

So i think retracting what i said last night may be a better idea and i'll start again if i can be bothered later on!

Yea im reading history at Cambridge- im trying to stay away from the 20th Century stuff though - fancy a change since A levels and GCSEs are just saturated with those topics. And looking back what i posted last night is actually not that accurate...i think my mind has been bombarded with Medieval England and pushed all the 20th Century stuff out!

So i think retracting what i said last night may be a better idea and i'll start again if i can be bothered later on!

The Victors write the history... which is why i should really get my **** in gear start doing my History degree :D

Maybe the world needs to know more about Saaladan ;)

I was alluding to the Holocaust but yes you are completely correct in what you say. It was not just the Jews.

Yes, but we were the favoured plat du jour in the SS ovens. I am sick of the attempts to 'diversify' the holocaust so the muslims will acknowledge it.

Question 1: If you knew a woman who was pregnant, who had 8 kids already, three who were deaf, two who were blind, one mentally ********, and she had syphilis; would you recommend that she have an abortion?

Question 2: It is time to elect a new world leader, and your vote counts. Here are the facts about the three leading candidates:
Candidate A: Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologists. He’s had two mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to10 martinis a day.
Candidate B: He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of whisky every evening.
Candidate C: He is a decorated war hero. He’s a vegetarian, doesn’t smoke, drinks an occasional beer and hasn’t had any extramarital affairs.
Which of these candidates would be your choice?
Q1: No, I'd advise that she stopped having kids though.

Q2: C, why would I choose an acoholic who consults with astrologists and sleeps around over a war hero? The only thing thats bad about C is that he doesn't eat meat.

p.s. Wouldn't a 2 question poll be perfect for this scenario

Q1: No, I'd advise that she stopped having kids though.

Q2: C, why would I choose an acoholic who consults with astrologists and sleeps around over a war hero? The only thing thats bad about C is that he doesn't eat meat.

p.s. Wouldn't a 2 question poll be perfect for this scenario
It's hard to tell whether this is just extremely sarcastic or you haven't read or understood the thread???

Back