• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC CENTENARY

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Oct. 14 2004,19:40)]it was stripped and had a polo type collar.
Please, whatever you do in your spare time and who you do it with it is not for airing on here.

How about every single ex-player still alive - or in Tony Richards' case still able to move - to stroll around the pitch just before a centenary celebration match against an England XI? In Stan's case, he could also tour the car park if he so wished.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (One O'Clock At The Crane @ Oct. 27 2004,17:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Oct. 14 2004,19:40)]it was stripped and had a polo type collar.
Please, whatever you do in your spare time and who you do it with it is not for airing on here.

How about every single ex-player still alive - or in Tony Richards' case still able to move - to stroll around the pitch just before a centenary celebration match against an England XI?  In Stan's case, he could also tour the car park if he so wished.
One club, I forget who, had their centenary celebrations recently and 100 ex-pros from throughout their history were paraded around the pitch before the game.

I like the idea of a Centenary Ball (says he, concerned that he's displaying his innate toff-ness).

wow.gif

Seriously, wouldn't it be a laugh to rent out a nice hall, get some (hopefully) decent caterers in, get a table with your mates, have Terry Alderton & Alison Moyet provide the entertainment, get dressed up in black tie, and maybe raise some money for the SUSCT...?

Sounds great to me, at any rate!

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 27 2004,19:44)]get dressed up in black tie,

Matt
Like this idea but instead of the usual white shirt, it has to be a southend shirt.

or maybe not
rock.gif

How about a First Day cover for both the Anniversary of Roots Hall and a second for the centenary?

I have spoken to the company that produced our other first day covers as i was missing 1 from my collection, he is more than interested in doing them. Heres his details

Mr. Stuart Renshaw
Dawn Cover Productions
27 Ashfield Road
Davenport
STOCKPORT
Cheshire
SK3 8UD.

Tel: 0161 483 1297

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ Nov. 22 2004,13:18)]How about a First Day cover for both the Anniversary of Roots Hall and a second for the centenary?

I have spoken to the company that produced our other first day covers as i was missing 1 from my collection, he is more than interested in doing them. Heres his details

Mr. Stuart Renshaw
Dawn Cover Productions
27 Ashfield Road
Davenport
STOCKPORT
Cheshire
SK3 8UD.

Tel: 0161 483 1297
Thanks,

Will pass on that info at our next Meeting.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Oct. 11 2004,23:07)]Maybe a legends wall, a wall at FF where every player to have played for the club is put onto a wall ?

Id like to see a special shirt though, perhaps as close to the first ever shirt as poss.
Ever thought how much wall space that'd take? Do a poll:

Who, In Your Opinion, are the Best 100 Players to have played for SUFC in the last 100 years?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bluesmanager @ Nov. 22 2004,20:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Oct. 11 2004,23:07)]Maybe a legends wall, a wall at FF where every player to have played for the club is put onto a wall ?

Id like to see a special shirt though, perhaps as close to the first ever shirt as poss.
Ever thought how much wall space that'd take? Do a poll:

Who, In Your Opinion, are the Best 100 Players to have played for SUFC in the last 100 years?
does anyone remember that bloke who came to southend on trial- i think he may have been african, or maybe french - he came on as a sub and then broke his leg or something
he should def be on the wall! ;)

Back