• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
From nonleaguedaily, 17/12/03

Peter Beadle, the 31-year-old former Gillingham and Bristol Rovers forward who joined Nationwide Conference club Barnet this season on a short term contract that expired this week, is joining Dr Martens League Western Division side Team Bath as player-coach.

Barnet manager Martin Allen said: "It has been mutually agreed between Peter and myself that he will be leaving Barnet. He has received an offer from Team Bath to be player-coach and we both felt that this would be in his best interests for his long term future.

"I want to place on record that he has been an outstanding pro on and off the field at Barnet and all our young players have responded to his enthusiasm magnificently.

"The biggest compliment I can pay him is that, even though he was injured for Saturday's game at Telford United, he drove from his Bristol home to pledge his support to all of us.

"After the game in the dressing room he received a standing ovation from all the players and staff when I broke the news that he was leaving. I wish him the best of luck".

Allen made the spontaneous gesture of getting Beadle to wave to the visiting supporters to that they could show their appreciation.

Beadle (pictured) scored on his debut for the Bees in a memorable 2-1 win at Stevenage Borough on September 13th - playing for nothing as a non-contract player in a bid to earn a deal with the club after being released by Brentford after an initial one-month loan deal.

The 6' 2" striker scored four goals in 11 appearances for the Bees after signing in September.

Hereford drew at Fleetwood in the cup today, Hereford's manager is Peter Beadle who played briefly for us on loan in the 90's. From the footage of him I saw on tv it looks as if he has put on a lot of timber since his playing days!

Back