• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

On the recommendation of a CIF post, I'm trying Stephen King's Hearts In Atlantis. I've not read King in ages, the last (Cell) was apallingly bad, so fingers crossed it's more It/The Stand than that.

Having finally finished Moby Dick (review - don't bother) I'm now on to this one, the 2017 Wisden Book Of The Year. I can relate very well to it as I'm about the same age as the author and also spent many of my teenage years despairing over the state of the England cricket team. Three chapters in and I am enjoying it greatly.

images

Great Expectations. My daughter is reading it for school so thought I'd read it alongside her. I originally read it 20 years ago for my A levels. It's much more enjoyable reading it for fun though...

I've just finished England, England by Julian Barnes. I am glad that is over, absolute toilet.
Just started Starship Troopers by Robert A Heinlein

Shame on you.Julian Barnes is one of England's finest writers.I've read pretty much all of his stuff including England,England.

Though tbf he hasn't written any SF that I'm aware of.:winking:

Just started Defending The Island by Norman Longmate which is a history of invasions of Britain. I've just finished with the Romans and into the dark ages. Interesting

Having finally finished Moby Dick (review - don't bother) I'm now on to this one, the 2017 Wisden Book Of The Year. I can relate very well to it as I'm about the same age as the author and also spent many of my teenage years despairing over the state of the England cricket team. Three chapters in and I am enjoying it greatly.

images

I read Moby Dick. Turned out the whale did it.

Just finished David Baldacci's latest. Quite good if a little formulaic. Now reading Stephen King's latest with his son, which is a bit hard to get into.

Back