• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just finished this. A very enjoyable and interesting read. Basically - blame the Prussians for lots of stuff, the warmongering loons.

51MIX48k7IL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Great book, this. Takes ages to read because every other page makes you put the book down and stare out the window for a bit, considering your insignificance to the course of human history. Loved it though

About half-way through Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari.

Not my usual sort of thing but amusingly written.

Currently racing through Ernest Cline's 'Ready Player One' absolutely loving it, making very excited for Spielberg's adaptation in a few month's time.

Halfway through Theo Barclay's excellent Fighters And Quitters: Great Political Resignations.Bang up to date.Last resignation is Damian Green's.Wonder if Mrs May will have time for any more Cabinet resignations? :winking:

Read 2 Michael Morpurgo books in two days (Shadow & Kensuke's Kingdom) - ok, they're teen-fiction, but both excellent and hard hitting nonetheless.

Soccernomics. Lots of interesting insights, but the style of writing grates after a while; a little too self-satisfied to get the reader through 400+ pages.

He's got a new play coming out about the NHS in July.Allelujah! Looks interesting.

There's a lot of interesting stuff going on at The Bridge theatre have my ticket for "Allelujah" hoping NH and AB put on a platform before I go. Also got a ticket for Barney Norris' "Nightfall". I'm not sure what it will be like but, after reading his "Five Rivers Met On A Wooded Plain" I was tempted enough to buy my ticket.

There's a lot of interesting stuff going on at The Bridge theatre have my ticket for "Allelujah" hoping NH and AB put on a platform before I go. Also got a ticket for Barney Norris' "Nightfall". I'm not sure what it will be like but, after reading his "Five Rivers Met On A Wooded Plain" I was tempted enough to buy my ticket.

I was miffed to see that Allelujah finishes its run at the end of September (coming over in October).Will wait until the fixtures come out and see if I can fit in a crafty double header,including one of our games and a first visit to the Bridge theatre in September.:thumbsup:

Blamehounds - I recommend it for kids who find the words poo, bum and fart hilarious. So that's all of them. Some adults too :whistling:

Back