• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Any chance of a Trust statement?

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
It now looks more likely than not, that the club will be wound-up this week, or at best be put into administration.

I'd welcome a statement from the Trust stating what it's position is and how it is helping, and how we can help.

Don't think they have got time, in these times of trouble they are more interested in... the launch of their new enamel badge.

I don't think they have anything to say at the moment,they are no doubt being kept it the dark and fed mushrooms like the rest of us.

I don't think they have anything to say at the moment,they are no doubt being kept it the dark and fed mushrooms like the rest of us.

I think YorkshireBlue wanted to know what the Trust's position was and hence would like to see a statement from them based upon the facts that are in the public domain.

I think YorkshireBlue wanted to know what the Trust's position was and hence would like to see a statement from them based upon the facts that are in the public domain.

IMO there's not much in the way of facts, only speculation. The only thing we know for definite (apart from being skint) is the hearing at the High Court on Wednesday, and we can only pray that the outcome for the club is favourable. I don't think there's much else the Trust can add or confirm at this stage.

Don't think they have got time, in these times of trouble they are more interested in... the launch of their new enamel badge.

If you have problems with the running of the Trust, why don't you put yourself forward for election to the committee at the AGM next month?.;)

Harsh comments people, I'm more inclined to think, that those people, like me, involved in the Trust probably also have lives to lead and while those in charge might be indiscussion with those in charge at the Club, until there is something TO SAY then silence is probably better than speculation.

There will be a statement in due course I'm quite sure, when there IS something to say. I don't quite think we have £660k tucked away though lol!

IMO there's not much in the way of facts, only speculation. The only thing we know for definite (apart from being skint) is the hearing at the High Court on Wednesday, and we can only pray that the outcome for the club is favourable. I don't think there's much else the Trust can add or confirm at this stage.

The Trust could add what their own position is, what contingency plans they have in place, what talks they have held with the club and what support they've offered.

I thought the whole point about the Trust was to exist so that if we ever found ourselves in a position where the future of the club was threatened, they'd be trying to save it.

That was certainly why I signed up and that is what I thought my membership fee was going towards.

What's happened to people like Paul Fitzgerald who seemed to have his eye on the ball?

Paul is still around and very much has his eye on the ball, but like I said, is probably biding his time until there is something to say.

A Statement has now been posted on the Trust Website here.

As others have pointed out we are all volunteers, and at times it is difficult to get things out as quick as some people on here would like, and like it or not in the meantime the show must go on, so of course we are going to update our website with new items etc. when they become available.

A further statement will be issued after the outcome of the High Court Hearing is known.

A Statement has now been posted on the Trust Website here.

As others have pointed out we are all volunteers, and at times it is difficult to get things out as quick as some people on here would like, and like it or not in the meantime the show must go on, so of course we are going to update our website with new items etc. when they become available.

A further statement will be issued after the outcome of the High Court Hearing is known.

Thanks.

I appreciate the fact that you are all volunteers and didn't expect an instantaneous response (particularly as many of you would have been going to Carlisle). I did however want to know that the Trust wasn't burying its head in the sand, and am suitably reassured on that point.

Is there a contingency plan? Do we need to send people round next - if indeed there is a next one - game with a bucket?

I certainly don't expect the Trust to have £680,000 sitting in its bank account, but does it have maybe 2% of that, that it could offer the club in return for shares, that could be used as a deposit to buy more time from the tax man?

Back