• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The drugs debate once more....

As for the exclamation of surprise, perhaps I should have added that the artificial happy level boost is paid back with interest

Sorry Slip you're neither a doctor nor a bio-chemist. As Pubey said there is little if any evidence of this.

Sunday Times magazine article, if I remember correctly, but I'm sure that either of us could find lots of other evidence out there if we could be bothered to look.

As for the exclamation of surprise, perhaps I should have added that the artificial happy level boost is paid back with interest and that frequent fecking around doesn't help.

Sorry mate, I was being overly facetious. I agree with the general point you're making, what goes up, must come down. I think the drug dealer in Withnail and I summed it up best:

"If you're hanging on to a rising balloon, you're presented with a difficult decision: let go before it's too late, or hold on and keep getting higher. Posing the question, how long can you keep a grip on the rope?"

Everything has it's consequences much like a decision to drink 15 pints at the pub rather than a sociable 3 or 4. I don't think an entire generation of pill heads is now suffering for something they did 10-20 years ago unless they chose to over-indulge in the same manner. Augustus Gloop boozers are much the same as Augustus Gloop pill-heads - it's fun at the time but they pay for it in the end, sadly. If you're suggesting people can't be trusted with the same self control expected of them with alcohol, I would ask - why not?

Last edited:
Sorry Slip you're neither a doctor nor a bio-chemist. As Pubey said there is little if any evidence of this.

Actually MK its the serotonin levels crashing . Its the down or crash you would get from any artificial or increased high due to a change in body chemistry. However controlled doses over a certain amount of time prevent or reduce this..

Regards to who would pay , they would be private buisness , the demand would enable a responable cost (lets be honest people can afford £25-£45 computer games in some cases nearly every other week of a month ) so the first big firms to bring out the product arnt going to get the pricing wrong .

Regarding it being new in society or ours . Its not Ludinum Herion and Opiots were widley used Victorian England. Helium was a big hit as well ;). Never mind the mushrooms used by everyone from teh ancient norse to your olde english midwife.

Peyote in SOuth American culture is famously used in controled and sacred use. YOur instructed in its use.

Actually MK its the serotonin levels crashing . Its the down or crash you would get from any artificial or increased high due to a change in body chemistry. However controlled doses over a certain amount of time prevent or reduce this..

Oh I don't disagree - the day after was dismal, as if my pet budgie had died. I haven't taken a little white pill for going on 10+ years and though people may disagree (insert joke here), I feel I'm a well rounded individual with no tendency towards depression.

Oh I don't disagree - the day after was dismal, as if my pet budgie had died. I haven't taken a little white pill for going on 10+ years and though people may disagree (insert joke here), I feel I'm a well rounded individual with no tendency towards depression.

Insert Joke ?? i can barely type from laughing so much :D :D :D

I'm sure they still would. Just because drugs are legal, doesn't make them free....

Cigarettes are not free but I doubt many people get mugged so someone can buy some fags. No reason they cant be cheaper than fags.

And again..... Two states in the US are decriminalising marijuana (Alaska & Colorado), and two further states are considering it. Obama says that pot is no more dangerous than alcohol.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jan/19/obama-marijuana-bad-habit-minorities

Isn't it about time that the UK ended this pointless, unwinnable and expensive "war" on a plant that grows in the dirt?

Yep. and all the other drugs. Let people take what they want. Make them cheap enough and drug crime will decrease. The old Bill wont need to commit so many resources to the problem and the drug barons throughout the world will have to find something else to do.

Would have given you green for that MK but you included a link to a Guardian article. Shame on you.

Yep. and all the other drugs. Let people take what they want. Make them cheap enough and drug crime will decrease. The old Bill wont need to commit so many resources to the problem and the drug barons throughout the world will have to find something else to do.

Would have given you green for that MK but you included a link to a Guardian article. Shame on you.

This,

People can legally eat mountains of fast food or drink gallons of booze whilst puffing away on fags yet will be nicked if they take drugs...Those in power are daft.

I wish you could buy poppers in places other than sex shops.

It makes the whole scene look cheap, tawdry and sleazy.

People can legally eat mountains of fast food or drink gallons of booze whilst puffing away on fags yet will be nicked if they take drugs...Those in power are daft.

Or alternatively ban all those as well.

Legalise, tax and educate folks about it all; charge for any medical costs from any resultant abuse of substances from drugs or alcohol.

I wish you could buy poppers in places other than sex shops.

It makes the whole scene look cheap, tawdry and sleazy.

London Gift / souvenir shops nr Piccadilly Circus / Leicester Square - just saying...

I would prefer it to be govenment controlled. That would make it safer and bring in revenue but I would also confine it to cafe's like in Holland and the privecy of your own home. Personally, it stinks and doesn't appeal to me but that's me.

The law has to change sooner or later as the so called war on drugs isn't being won. Probably not in my lifetime but coke will follow the same route when the powers that be finally realise how much money can be made.

Back