• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Alison Moyet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Celebrity fans are generally embarrassing

Alderton is the worst. I have seen Southend away at over 100 different grounds over 20 years and never seen that ****!

Imagine if Jupitus started wearing a southend scarf on Buzzcocks?
I'd be sick

I know others have passed on their Alderton-spottings, but I stood just behind him on the terrace at Orient in 2003 or 2004. The game with the Phil Whelan og and where Belgrave got sent off at the end, IIRC.

ShrimperZone's newest member is called Alison Moyet. She joined today and I noticed that earlier this morning she was reading this thread, but didn't post anything though.

Is this the real Alison Moyet?

Maybe.

Couple of things. Having only been to the Arsenal once when I was 13. Southend was the first game I ever went to under my own steam. 1977. SUFC is my team. I was a season ticket holder for a good number of years when i could still get baby sitters and could make my children spend saturdays round someone else's house. This is no longer the case but I don't suppose I am the only supporter for whom life gets in the way of selfish pursuits. I followed home and away (yes I live in Watford but the only time i ever went to Vicarage Road was when The Blues were playing there). Through the late 70's I played gigs sunday nights at Roots Hall countless times. I went to college in Southend. A basildon girl - Southend was my local club and I am proud of it. As for celebrity, what i loved about going to Roots Hall was being in the middle of a crowd of my people. People i grew up with. People with the same reference points as me. People with whom i became friends and were there to see the same thing that I was....not my sorry arse. What I love about being one of the crowd is exactly that. That I am no more significant than any other git that goes. Thank you to those who remember me there when the crowds were significantly smaller than of late and when i added my voice to the rest of you, from the west stand and not the directors box. I did not go to be some bizarre mascot. I went because I loved to go and get behind my team. As for me doing 'weight loss interviews', that is really unfair. I get asked questions I would rather not be asked, no more now than when I was fatter and was accused of eating all the pies. It has never been a great joy of mine. . It is not my choice that people are interested in things I think are irrelevant and personal to boot. As for me telling anyone to f*** off that is a blatant lie. I can't say i want to sing on the pitch that is true. I dont think everyone would appreciate it. Some might and some might think like the geezer here...what does some jumped up bird think she is doing claiming this club as hers. I am a fan...that is all. More than this, it cant be assumed that my choices are the same as that of my band. Just cos I'm free on a saturday doesn't mean they will be. Its not just turning up with a megaphone.
It might not have gone unnoticed but i was never in Elton John's league. i have nowhere near the spare cash to save a football club..even my football club and if I did help I wouldn't be telling everyone about it. Takes me onto my last point. Anyone that knows me knows I don't tend to get into dialogue with people i don't know. Might sound rum to some of you but there it is. Have always been that way...I am a singer, not a celebrity and not a spokes person and not socially comfortable. I have a team. My team is SUFC like the rest of you here. I can't tell you how bad it makes me feel that i have to justify this to you or that i need to defend my right to belong as a faceless supporter like any other in a place that for me was home.
Blah blah blah
ps. I give a ****. xxxxx

Welcome, welcome, welcome - a woman who speaks her own mind, join the small but select club of us that try our best to do likewise! Just what we need to put some of these blokes in their place!

I'll use my 20,000th post to welcome Ms Moyet to the board :)

Don't be a stranger now Alf!

I can't tell you how bad it makes me feel that i have to justify this to you or that i need to defend my right to belong as a faceless supporter like any other in a place that for me was home.
Blah blah blah
ps. I give a ****. xxxxx

*applause*

now this is getting funny..

PS Alison your mum teached me at St Anselms School in Baslidon ..lol

Not very well then! ;)

Alison, just ignore them, most of us respect your right to support the Blues in whichever way you see fit - the song says it all really, and does to anyone else that is a true Southend supporter.

Shame you don't get along to as many matches as you used to, don't be a stranger though now!

Not very well then! ;)

Alison, just ignore them, most of us respect your right to support the Blues in whichever way you see fit - the song says it all really, and does to anyone else that is a true Southend supporter.

Shame you don't get along to as many matches as you used to, don't be a stranger though now!

Get a grip woman.

Welcome, welcome, welcome - a woman who speaks her own mind, join the small but select club of us that try our best to do likewise! Just what we need to put some of these blokes in their place!

Welcome aboard Ms M. Its a pleasure to read a post from a woman that isn't total bollocks and/or is about a certain Irishman!

:whistling:

good post Alison, Now if i can just get past your management for an exclusive interview on my radio show to bring some much needed kudos...now wheres my copy of the vicars on southend rock....

Great post Alison :)

Thanks for popping by, just a shame you felt you needed to defend yourself (or that people made you feel you had to).

You'll always be welcome here or in the West Stand. I always loved the way you were just another one of the gang :)

Couple of things. Having only been to the Arsenal once when I was 13. Southend was the first game I ever went to under my own steam. 1977. SUFC is my team. I was a season ticket holder for a good number of years when i could still get baby sitters and could make my children spend saturdays round someone else's house. This is no longer the case but I don't suppose I am the only supporter for whom life gets in the way of selfish pursuits. I followed home and away (yes I live in Watford but the only time i ever went to Vicarage Road was when The Blues were playing there). Through the late 70's I played gigs sunday nights at Roots Hall countless times. I went to college in Southend. A basildon girl - Southend was my local club and I am proud of it. As for celebrity, what i loved about going to Roots Hall was being in the middle of a crowd of my people. People i grew up with. People with the same reference points as me. People with whom i became friends and were there to see the same thing that I was....not my sorry arse. What I love about being one of the crowd is exactly that. That I am no more significant than any other git that goes. Thank you to those who remember me there when the crowds were significantly smaller than of late and when i added my voice to the rest of you, from the west stand and not the directors box. I did not go to be some bizarre mascot. I went because I loved to go and get behind my team. As for me doing 'weight loss interviews', that is really unfair. I get asked questions I would rather not be asked, no more now than when I was fatter and was accused of eating all the pies. It has never been a great joy of mine. . It is not my choice that people are interested in things I think are irrelevant and personal to boot. As for me telling anyone to f*** off that is a blatant lie. I can't say i want to sing on the pitch that is true. I dont think everyone would appreciate it. Some might and some might think like the geezer here...what does some jumped up bird think she is doing claiming this club as hers. I am a fan...that is all. More than this, it cant be assumed that my choices are the same as that of my band. Just cos I'm free on a saturday doesn't mean they will be. Its not just turning up with a megaphone.
It might not have gone unnoticed but i was never in Elton John's league. i have nowhere near the spare cash to save a football club..even my football club and if I did help I wouldn't be telling everyone about it. Takes me onto my last point. Anyone that knows me knows I don't tend to get into dialogue with people i don't know. Might sound rum to some of you but there it is. Have always been that way...I am a singer, not a celebrity and not a spokes person and not socially comfortable. I have a team. My team is SUFC like the rest of you here. I can't tell you how bad it makes me feel that i have to justify this to you or that i need to defend my right to belong as a faceless supporter like any other in a place that for me was home.
Blah blah blah
ps. I give a ****. xxxxx

Forgive me love but you have put me in my place - thats of course if you are the real deal which I have no reason to doubt you.....

so the BIG question Alison Moyet....

Do you fancy going for a slap up Steak Meal to make up for this doubt in your good self? I will even throw in cheesecake afters! - I will also sign any autographs or posters of my good self.

Take Care Toots

TrueBlue xx

Great post Alison :)

Thanks for popping by, just a shame you felt you needed to defend yourself (or that people made you feel you had to).

You'll always be welcome here or in the West Stand. I always loved the way you were just another one of the gang :)
honestly mate get a grip if u think thats her on here! you had a few beers today or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back