• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Under 18's Match Report Youths Draw 3-3 at Orient - 7th Nov 09

Shrimperstrust

Supporting SUFC
Duane Ofon-Acheampong’s second-half brace ensured that Southend United’s Under-18s claimed a share of the spoils after a 3-3 draw at Leyton Orient.

Rob Craven's Match Report can be found here.

Who is this guy? Is he the "Dwayne Orachi" we signed? Or is this another tall striker that has come to the youths?

Who is this guy? Is he the "Dwayne Orachi" we signed? Or is this another tall striker that has come to the youths?

Andy,

It's the same guy - it's just the spelling has now been confirmed. He had sort of morphed into Dwayne O'Ache before his full name was shown on the teamsheet for the Millwall FA Cup tie last week. From now on he'll be Ofon-Acheampong.

Cheers.

Good name!

Does he look a prospect or is it too early to tell? And do you know from which club he's come to us from?

Cheers.

Good name!

Does he look a prospect or is it too early to tell? And do you know from which club he's come to us from?

Andy,

I'm not sure which club he's arrived from - I meant to ask Ricky on Saturday, but forgot after the extraordinary scenes during the final few minutes! It's a little early to tell at the moment - he's only made appearances from the bench and hasn't had a start - but he's a tricky customer with his height and he's also useful on the ground as well. I guess in a way he's a direct replacement for Michael Ngoo, who was a similiar sort of player on the few occasions that I saw him before he went to Liverpool.

Back