• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can take the stick, I'm not taking a dig at you steveo or anyone else, but if they think they can do better apply to go the show

Last edited:
;)

Nicked from Kay!

20656_1337916044930_1141999275_1049458_2597335_n.jpg

I didn't realise you could take pictures of police line ups!!!!

We can take the stick, I'm not taking a dig at you steveo or anyone else, but if they think they can do better apply to go the show

Fully agree mate I reckon it's a sterling effort by all concerned.

Right, first of all no spoilers. We all agreed (and we're actually legally bound!) not to reveal the result of how we did but safe to say nobody let themselves down.

Hmmm, that's debatable, I was rubbish! Freely admit that - no matter though, it was one heck of an experience, the Eggheads were lovely, spent quite a bit of time talking to Barry, and Judith - who happened to be in make up at the same time as me.

Also, we had a wonderful time the evening before, a real bit of team bonding at a pub, then after at a Tapas bar. Not laughed so much in ages!

I will say though, from my perspective, the horror at the boys' reactions to having to have make up on was very, very funny! :D They took the earliest opportunity to get it off after the show! Personally, I loved it - very relaxing!

And just so no-one makes any assumptions, prize money is not awarded until the show airs so if any of us are - or aren't - splashing the cash, it's not as a result of this!

Hmmm, that's debatable, I was rubbish! Freely admit that - no matter though, it was one heck of an experience, the Eggheads were lovely, spent quite a bit of time talking to Barry, and Judith - who happened to be in make up at the same time as me.

Also, we had a wonderful time the evening before, a real bit of team bonding at a pub, then after at a Tapas bar. Not laughed so much in ages!

I will say though, from my perspective, the horror at the boys' reactions to having to have make up on was very, very funny! :D They took the earliest opportunity to get it off after the show! Personally, I loved it - very relaxing!

And just so no-one makes any assumptions, prize money is not awarded until the show airs so if any of us are - or aren't - splashing the cash, it's not as a result of this!

If you had won all monies going to the running of the zone as its only right!

Don't matter anyway my source at 12 Yard Productions says whitewash

Does anyone remember local pub quiz stalwart and 'Who wants to be a millionaire?' winner sweaty Colin (RIP)?

He always used to turn up when there was a big cash prize up for grabs.

Does anyone remember local pub quiz stalwart and 'Who wants to be a millionaire?' winner sweaty Colin (RIP)?

I remember, he was from Shoebury IIRC. Wasn't there a problem over his pay out from Millionaire?

Both Southend & the Zone got a good mention

Although of course the show does get edited down to fit the 30-minute time slot, so some mentions might get cut out, but there's no way anyone watching won't know who our team is!

I'm just wondering whether my answer to Jeremy Vine's question "Who is your favourite all-time Southend player?" might end up on the cutting-room floor. I of course answered "Martin Carruthers, as he is Southend4ever"......

:whistling:

Used to do the sarah Moore quiz night on his own

My Mate was one of the paramedics who attended when his body was discovered

I remember, he was from Shoebury IIRC. Wasn't there a problem over his pay out from Millionaire?

'Millionaire' quiz king Colin dies aged 52
By Katherine Legge »
A QUIZ show fan who was a winner on Who Wants to be a Millionaire? has died at his home.

Popular - Colin Hallett
Colin Hallett, 52, of Delaware Road, Shoebury, who won £125,000 in 2001, is believed to have died of natural causes on Good Friday.

Window cleaner Mr Hallett hit the headlines when he answered questions on the popular TV show and collected a cheque for £125,000.

But the colourful character's winnings were later frozen when quiz show bosses received a tip-off he had a theft conviction from April 1997, after driving off from a petrol station without paying for £5 in fuel.

Production company Celador's rules prohibits contestants entering the show if they have criminal convictions stillon file, but the company eventually relented and Mr Hallett was given the cash.

He celebrated by shedding more than three stone and taking a holiday to Cape Town, in South Africa.

Mr Hallett was a popular character in Shoebury and known for his vast general knowledge and love of quizzes, which saw him win prizes across south Essex.

His close friend, Colin Golby, 55, a street cleaner of Anson Chase, Shoebury, said: "He was a good friend - just like a brother to me. He would do anything for anybody, any time, any day of the year.

"He was the king of quizzes."

"He will not be forgotten."

I knew him from when I was a kid in Leigh, he was lets say 'different' and couldn't talk properly, and as such would get bullied even tho he was a real lump in those days.
I would later see him sometimes in Shoebury when I moved there. He was a nice and popular guy.

I got through to the last 100 nearest 10 answer question stage, where you get 10 seconds to basically guess an answer. Before you get your question, the lady from celador asked me 'Do you have any criminal convictions', if so you can't go on the show and we won't waste our time with the question. I told the truth and got the question. Colin told a lie and got the question and progressed. As apart from the petrol thing, he had spent Eight months of a 2 year sentence in prison for arson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back