• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Last night I caught The Damned in a pretty much sold out Holmfirth Picturedrome. And the veteran punksters can still make plenty of Noise Noise Noise. A thoroughly enjoyable gig, New Rose still sounds a fresh as ever and The Damned have plenty of great songs in their back catalogue to draw on.

d02.jpgd03.jpgd06.jpgd08.jpgd15.jpg

More pics available here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/maninasuitcase/sets/72157652148183642/

Last edited:
The Fall at Warehouse 23 in Wakefield. As the band pumped out an almost hypnotic wall of noise style music, Mark E Smith barked out his lyrics, occasionally stumbling around stage like drunk looking for a lost pint, and fiddling with his amp trying to get feedback.

tf05.jpgtf11.jpgtf20.jpgtf21.jpgtf23.jpg

Saw Nick Cave (and the Bad Seeds) here last night.I'd seen NC (with Warren Ellis) in concert a few years back when he was plugging "The Death of Bunny Munro".Thought that was excellent and promised myself I'd catch him and his band next time they played here.
Good show.Very dark music.

I saw the Moody Blues in Sheffield on Thursday. The moodies have been going 51 years and although Graeme Edge has needed a second drummer on stage for sometime now, the years have been kinder to Justine Hayward and John Lodge despite their advancing ages.

They played two 45 minute sets, plus a 20 minute encore. For the first set the MBs played mostly newer material, for the second they concentrated on older songs. I have to say that I preferred the older material as these songs brought out the best of Hayward's still great voice. And of course they brought the house down with Nights in White Satin which was the inevitable climax of the show.

P1010011.jpgP1010014.jpgP1010017.jpgP1010038.jpgP1010048.jpg

Last edited:
I saw the Moody Blues in Sheffield on Thursday. The moodies have been going 51 years and although Graeme Edge has needed a second drummer on stage for sometime now, the years have been kinder to Justine Hayward and John Lodge despite their advancing years.

They played two 45 minute sets, plus a 20 minute encore. For the first set the MBs played mostly newer material, for the second they concentrated on older songs. I have to say that I preferred the older material as these songs brought out the best of Hayward's still great voice. And of course they brought the house down with Nights in White Satin which was the inevitable climax of the show.

View attachment 3380View attachment 3381View attachment 3382View attachment 3383View attachment 3384

Sounds like a really good gig, and the camera is obviously meeting your high expectations. Don't suppose Denny Laine made an appearance did he? 'Go Now' was one of the very first singles I every bought. I've loved the MBs ever since.

Sounds like a really good gig, and the camera is obviously meeting your high expectations. Don't suppose Denny Laine made an appearance did he? 'Go Now' was one of the very first singles I every bought. I've loved the MBs ever since.

It was a good gig, but they didn't do Go Now even though it was mentioned in the publicity material.

I am very pleased with the camera RHB. If IIRC, you also have a Panasonic Lumix. It is exactly what I wanted, it is small enough to fit into my jacket pocket and takes great pictures even in low light conditions and good B&Ws, which I was particularly wanted for pictures at gigs.

I am still learning about the settings and what they all do as I don't really know anything about photography. Thanks for the steer.

Last edited:
The Dead Kennedys at The Ritz, Manchester.

A great gig, and with plenty of punks old and new pogoing near the front the wooden floor of The Ritz was bouncing up and down throughout the concert.

The DKs opened with the theme from Rawhide and for their third song they performed the superb Police Truck. More classics were to follow including Kill the Poor, Too Drunk .... and California Uber Allies.

For the first encore they did a version of Presley's Viva Las Vegas before finishing on Holiday in Cambodia.

An excellent evening.

P1010058.jpgP1010064.jpgP1010073.jpgP1010080.jpgP1010098.jpg

Last edited:
Going to the Roundhouse on Sunday to for the Mogwai 20th anniversary series, Mugstar (not heard of them before), Loop, Lightning Bolt, Tortoise and GZA headlining (Ghostface Killah is playing Wireless same day so I'm hoping he might make an appearance).

Drastic™;1758157 said:
Going to the Roundhouse on Sunday to for the Mogwai 20th anniversary series, Mugstar (not heard of them before), Loop, Lightning Bolt, Tortoise and GZA headlining (Ghostface Killah is playing Wireless same day so I'm hoping he might make an appearance).

Seeing Mogwai and Prolapse there tomorrow. May get to the Sunday gig if I'm not being a parent. Looooove Loop and Tortoise are a good watch. I have terminology issues with Wu output but respect their art and Method Man's 'Tical' is a fav.

Graeme at The Union.jpgHRF 1.jpgHRF2.jpg Graeme Douglas & The Hot Rod Flyers at The Union Hotel in PZ last night. He made reference to Southend during the intro. to 'Quit This Town' and played various Kursaals songs including 'Little Does She Know', 'Speedway' and 'A Former Tour De Force Is Forced To Tour' as well as some Hot Rods classics with a nice dedication to the late Dave Higgs too. As well as his own songs, he played some covers - 'Poison Ivy', 'The Ties That Bind' and 'All Or Nothing'. A cracking gig and nice to see Grumpy Blue too.

Graeme Douglas & The Hot Rod Flyers at The Union Hotel in PZ last night. He made reference to Southend during the intro. to 'Quit This Town' and played various Kursaals songs including 'Little Does She Know', 'Speedway' and 'A Former Tour De Force Is Forced To Tour' as well as some Hot Rods classics with a nice dedication to the late Dave Higgs too. As well as his own songs, he played some covers - 'Poison Ivy', 'The Ties That Bind' and 'All Or Nothing'. A cracking gig and nice to see Grumpy Blue too.

Poison Ivy always conjures up memories of watching the Paramounts in Southend in the early sixties, before Gary Brooker moved on to Paler stuff.

Suicide just now at the Barbican - craziest thing ever. Vega is in his 80's and could barely stand. Henry Rollins and Bobby Gillespie came on to do guest vocals and Boredoms and Savages helped do an accapella.....thing that defies description. Marty Rev looked like Clarkson in gold lame and slapped his keyboards a bit. All the other electronics were ace though and I just wanted to see them and 'get it' unlike my first time 27 years ago.
In your 80's though - looks like it will be natural causes.

Last edited:
I was considering New Order later in the year. Prices are a bit high, but sold out in Liverpool in 3 hours after going on sale this morning at 9.00.

Crazy. As I said on FB, the line up doesn't even have Peter Hook in it these days. I saw them at Reading one year and Bernard Sumner is just a terrible singer. No loss mate.

Back