• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This was the first gig I have been to where the drummer was substituted with 30 minutes to go and mid song! Seriously, long time Yes member Alan White had missed a few tours due to ill heath but managed to play the final half hour of the show.

This was my third official Yes gig in four years. This time they played some classic Yes tracks for the first half of the show, then after the interval they performed sides 1 and 4 from the Tales From Topographic Oceans double album.

Both myself and my friend agreed that there was only one duff track in the first half, which was Onward from the Tormato album and billed as a tribute to the late Chris Squire.

If Yes we very good before the interval they were excellent afterwards. Not only were the TFTO tracks fabulous, but they finished the show with the usual encore of Roundabout and an unexpected and sublime version of Starship Trooper.

An amazing gig!

View attachment 5197View attachment 5198View attachment 5199View attachment 5200View attachment 5201

For more photos from the gig click here
Suitcase - I applaud your enthusiasm and your ability to record your memories to look back on. I'm mid 40's and the majority of the people I used to go gigging with just don't have the energy for it any more. You and Barna still totally live it.

Suitcase - I applaud your enthusiasm and your ability to record your memories to look back on. I'm mid 40's and the majority of the people I used to go gigging with just don't have the energy for it any more. You and Barna still totally live it.

Thanks ***. Unfortunately, the band members of the groups I like the most a gradually dying of old age. So for me, it is almost 'a last chance see.'

The are still few bands I want to see. If anyone has a The The ticket going spare I would be very grateful!

I thought my chance to see King Crimson had passed, but luckily I will be seeing them for a third time in October.

Thanks ***. Unfortunately, the band members of the groups I like the most a gradually dying of old age. So for me, it is almost 'a last chance see.'

The are still few bands I want to see. If anyone has a The The ticket going spare I would be very grateful!

I thought my chance to see King Crimson had passed, but luckily I will be seeing them for a third time in October.
I do the same in terms of wanting to revisit bands from my youth or catching bands before they are gone - I must confess I once had a 'which gig' dilemma one night and went to see Daniel Johnston as at that point I figured his medical issues may rob me of another chance of seeing him live. Though I guess plenty of people did that with Wilco.
Always exciting new stuff to discover though - 6 Music is a great place to mix up old and new.

Saw Rick Estrin & The Night Cats earlier at Badalona's excellent Blues & Ritmes festival.Great gig.Last time I saw this band was in the early 90's here as Little Charlie (Charlie Batty now retired) & the Nightcats as support for John Hammond. Rick Estrin (probably now my age) has always been the lead singer and harp player in the band.He's still going strong as are the new Nightcats in the group,especially "Kid" Anderton on guitar.

I do the same in terms of wanting to revisit bands from my youth or catching bands before they are gone - I must confess I once had a 'which gig' dilemma one night and went to see Daniel Johnston as at that point I figured his medical issues may rob me of another chance of seeing him live. Though I guess plenty of people did that with Wilco.
Always exciting new stuff to discover though - 6 Music is a great place to mix up old and new.

I haven't heard anything about them in years. Their collaboration with Billy Bragg for those Woody Guthrie songs on 'Mermaid Avenue' was pretty lauded at the time. I think the lead singer, Jeff Tweedy, had some issues with addiction to analgesia.

I haven't heard anything about them in years. Their collaboration with Billy Bragg for those Woody Guthrie songs on 'Mermaid Avenue' was pretty lauded at the time. I think the lead singer, Jeff Tweedy, had some issues with addiction to analgesia.

As you know full well *** was referring to Wilko Johnson.:smiles:
Jeff Tweedy did play a gig with his son here a year or so back.Didn't go-not really my sort of thing.

I have seen the Manfreds a few times , they used to do a Blues Tour with special guests like Long John Baldry , Chris Farlowe , Alan Price , Colin Blunstone , Maggie Bell and PP Arnold . I believe that Georgie Fame is down the Cliffs with them this year .

Yeah cheers.They're at the Cliffs on 20th October with GF as you say.Will have to think seriously about that one.Notice tickets are selling pretty well too.

I figured his medical issues may rob me of another chance of seeing him live. Though I guess plenty of people did that with Wilco.

I had tickets for the Oysterfleet gig that was cancelled shortly before Wilko's cancer was announced and subsequently assumed that it was unlikely I would ever see him perform again.

During his following 'last' year I actually saw him perform five times, four of which were at events that I wasn't aware he would be appearing when I bought the tickets ('Surprise' headline at Chalkwell Village Festival, two sets at Skegness and as support to the Frantic Four (original Quo line up). An appearance at Evoke in Chelmsford was the only one I actually planned!

Happy to report that he was propping up the bar at The Railway a couple of weeks ago looking as chipper as ever.

Last edited:
Saw Billy Branch at the Nit de Blues in the 37 th Jazz Festival in Terrassa yesterday.BB reckons he was in Terrassa 20 years ago.Saw that and quite a few of the other Blues nights there too.:cricko:

As you know full well *** was referring to Wilko Johnson.:smiles:
Jeff Tweedy did play a gig with his son here a year or so back.Didn't go-not really my sort of thing.

I had a sneakin' suspicion he did but normally he does it right.

Bit too much to hope for but was the Tweedy gig billed as Tweedy-Dad & Tweedy-Son?

Paul is down the Palace Theatre in June with The Blues Band and down the Cliffs Pavilion in Oct with The Manfreds .

Many thanks for the info. about the Manfreds gig.Booked a couple of tickets at the weekend.Now just got to pray we have a home game on October 20th (or whisper it-that Fulham do).Cheers.:thumbsup:

Saw Bob Dylan at the Liceu last night.Excellent gig.Notice that Joan Baez is retiring after her summer tour (which I won't be going to).Dylan at the same age (76) is still going strong.The never Ending Tour looks set to run for a bit yet.:thumbsup:

Evanescence with an orchestra at the Royal Festival Hall. A present for the wife’s birthday as they were one of her favourite bands. Really enjoyable and sat in one of their boxes so had a great view and the acoustics were excellent. The lead singer has an exceptional voice and is very talented on the piano.

Back