• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Are you sure about that ? I can't see them taking the upstairs seats down? Actually I just had a look on the website and can see seats for both - unless I am being stupid, which is entirely possible and as my wife would say , probable

Well spotted UWS. You're neither stupid nor wrong!! I swear to God that when I clicked on the 'book' link there were no seats, now there are. looks like I will be going to the ball after all. I might pass on Mr Carrack, shame he won't be lead vocal for M and M.

Well spotted UWS. You're neither stupid nor wrong!! I swear to God that when I clicked on the 'book' link there were no seats, now there are. looks like I will be going to the ball after all. I might pass on Mr Carrack, shame he won't be lead vocal for M and M.
no probelm, happy to have helped - hope you have a good time

Heading to see the Pixies tonight at Brixton, followed by Jim Bob from Carter USM on the 9th. First time seeing the Pixies live, despite them being one of the first alt bands I got into. Got the day off work tomorrow, beer will be consumed.

Actually, I have a spare ticket for Pixies as my mate had to cancel this morning - PM me if you want it.

EDIT: spare ticket now gone.

Bugger, I didn't realise they were touring. Leeds is sold out tomorrow.

I hope it is a good gig.

Heading to see the Pixies tonight at Brixton, followed by Jim Bob from Carter USM on the 9th. First time seeing the Pixies live, despite them being one of the first alt bands I got into. Got the day off work tomorrow, beer will be consumed.

Actually, I have a spare ticket for Pixies as my mate had to cancel this morning - PM me if you want it.

EDIT: spare ticket now gone.
Pixies were excellent tonight I suspect you will agree. Lots of Surfer Rosa and Doolittle tracks interspersed with new stuff.

Has anyone seen Black Francis in the same room as Francis the retired railwayman who goes to a lot of away matches? No I thought not.

Going to the second of Low's Christmas shows at Union Chapel tonight. One of my favourite bands of all time, never seen them live, can't wait.

A couple of weeks ago I caught Kula Shaker performing their K album in Leeds. The support was provided by Rudy Warman & The Heavy Weather (first pic), who despite looking and sounding like the offspring of the Allman Brothers, actually come from Folkstone.

KS started with Kula Shaker's Lonely Hearts Club Band and a song I didn't recognise. Crispin had a little joke with the audience and a Dansette record player and a vinyl version of K before launching into Hey Dude. At the end of side one, they did a couple of B sides before completing the album followed Hush and the encore.

My highlight of the night was the excellent Grateful When You're Dead/Jerry Was There and Hollow Man.

ks01.jpgks04.jpgks07.jpgks15.jpgks11.jpg

For more pics of the gig CLICK HERE

I had a good time at the Giants of Rock festival at Butlins in Minehead. I saw nine bands, Lisa Ronson (daughter of Mick), Focus, Bernie Tormé, Tom Constanten (ex Grateful Dead), Bernie Marsden, Barclay James Harvest, Pretty Things, Ian Anderson playing Jethro Tull and Steve Hackett performing Genesis.

Pretty Things were the pick of the performances followed by Bernie Tormé and Tom Constanten. BJH were a bit disappointing as they didn't seem to want to play their more well known songs.

bt09.jpgpt00.jpgsh03.jpgbm05.jpgia08.jpg

Tormé's bass player. Pretty Things. Hackett's bass player. Bernie Marsden. Ian Anderson.

Back