Likes Likes:  257
Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3474828384
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1260

Thread: Gigs

This cook is an anti-semite Uncle Leo's Avatar

Mine has arrived too - in to a safe place now, that I will forget come November.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Leo View Post
    Got tickets to see Pixies at the Roundhouse in November.

I was really excited when I got tickets to see them at Ally Pally back in 2005, thinking I was unlikely to get another chance. The November one will be my fourth time seeing them!
    I saw them at Jodrell Bank last year, I thought I'd missed my chance to see them.

Blog Entries

Last night I went to a rare gig of probably the most influential group of all time, The Rutles (younger viewers may need to wiki them). The Prefab Four played all the 'hits' from the Hamburger days of Goose-step Mama, to Ouch!, the psychedelic Piggy In The Middle, and the hard rocking Get Up And Go.

A great night.

th03.jpgth04.jpgtr000.jpgtr00.jpgtr01.jpg

Certified Senior Citizen Tangled up in Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maninasuitcase View Post
    Last night I went to a rare gig of probably the most influential group of all time, The Rutles (younger viewers may need to wiki them). The Prefab Four played all the 'hits' from the Hamburger days of Goose-step Mama, to Ouch!, the psychedelic Piggy In The Middle, and the hard rocking Get Up And Go.

A great night.

th03.jpgth04.jpgtr000.jpgtr00.jpgtr01.jpg
    Older ones too. TBF,I have at least heard of them.
    "The British government is free to make a decision about its participation in the World Cup," he said.

But nobody has the right to insult the Russian people - who defeated Nazism and lost more than 25 million people - by comparing our country to Nazi Germany.

That goes beyond common sense."

Alexander Yakovencko.Russian Ambassador to the UK:

Booked tickets to see Mudhoney in London. Seen a few of my favourite old bands recently and they have all failed to deliver the same energy/edge that they once did, which is totally understandable - after all we're all old now. Sincerely believe that Mudhoney will be an exception to this, looking forward to a mental gig.
    Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien @matthewevans43

Saw Omar at the Jazz café in Camden on Friday night. Awesome live performer. King of UK Soul
    Ricky Otto's No.1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Supernaut View Post
    Pearl Jam's first UK gig was The Esplanade. Oasis played the Army & Nay too, I believe. I wasn't at either of those. The best I can do when it comes to early-gigs-of-bands-who-later-became-huge is The Libertines at Chinnerys and The Strokes at Colchester Arts Centre.
    If its any consolation, Peal Jam were crap. We ended up listening to them from the other bar!!

Saw Catatonia there when they were starting out and were superb. Cerys was lovely too!!
    So join the struggle while you may
    The Revolution is just a T-shirt away

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Leo View Post
    Got tickets to see Pixies at the Roundhouse in November.

I was really excited when I got tickets to see them at Ally Pally back in 2005, thinking I was unlikely to get another chance. The November one will be my fourth time seeing them!
    So glad I saw this post as I managed to miss hearing about the tickets. Saw them the last time they were over at Brixton, but have seen them at numerous venues, including the Cliffs Pavilion.

I'm off to find weekend tickets!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Shrimp View Post
    If its any consolation, Peal Jam were crap. We ended up listening to them from the other bar!!
    Makes no odds to me either way - always hated them, wouldn't have gone if it was free!

Makes no odds to me either way - always hated them, wouldn't have gone if it was free!
    I liked two songs of theirs, but went with a friend who was a fan and also out of curiosity!! I haven't liked anything since!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Shrimp View Post
    I liked two songs of theirs, but went with a friend who was a fan and also out of curiosity!! I haven't liked anything since!!
    Ten was great - they certainly rode the Grunge wave - but it was the law of diminishing returns thereafter. I have no idea if they're even still going.

Quote Originally Posted by MK Shrimper View Post
    Ten was great - they certainly rode the Grunge wave - but it was the law of diminishing returns thereafter. I have no idea if they're even still going.
    I always saw them as symbolising the death of grunge; bloated, overblown, mainstream guff that couldn't have been further from the spirit of Bleach or Superfuzz if it tried.

I always saw them as symbolising the death of grunge; bloated, overblown, mainstream guff that couldn't have been further from the spirit of Bleach or Superfuzz if it tried.
    I dunno. There were plenty of other wannabees who could take that crown. I give you....

#shudders
    Last edited by MK Shrimper; 16-06-2018 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Otto View Post
    Saw Omar at the Jazz café in Camden on Friday night. Awesome live performer. King of UK Soul
    There's nothing like this.
    Ponce.

Perfumed Ponce.

This cook is an anti-semite Uncle Leo's Avatar

Just remembered - wife got tickets, I'm not too fussed - that we are off to see Foo Fighters at the London Stadium on Friday. Wouldn't have gone for this myself but am sure it'll be entertaining enough. Which is more than can be said for the miserable exit from that miserable venue.