• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Scott Vernon

god i forgot about this bloke he was that shocking. more importantly why are you wasting your time looking up info about him haha

In the current climate Vernon would be a dream signing! In fact James Walker would be a dream signing!

I thought vernon held the ball up very well. Will never score bags of goals

You can tell we are in a bad way when people are wanting Vernon back....

I didn't have a problem with any of the loanees from Col Ewe, infact I'd be delighted if we signed White, Baldwin and Heath, but Vernon was a completely different story.

He really didn't want to be here from the outset. He wanted to head back up North, but his girlfriend or wife (Can't remember which) wouldn't allow it because of her work at the time. I expect he will head up North soon.

He was woeful. I appreciate a good targetman, and the work they do, but Vernon was incredibly lazy, couldn't control the ball, never got off the ground when challenging for a ball in the air, and just didn't want to work, unlike Baldwin who came in at the same time.

I'd much, much rather have Spencer, Crawford and Paterson then Vernon. My god he was useless.

You can tell we are in a bad way when people are wanting Vernon back....

I didn't have a problem with any of the loanees from Col Ewe, infact I'd be delighted if we signed White, Baldwin and Heath, but Vernon was a completely different story.

He really didn't want to be here from the outset. He wanted to head back up North, but his girlfriend or wife (Can't remember which) wouldn't allow it because of her work at the time. I expect he will head up North soon.

He was woeful. I appreciate a good targetman, and the work they do, but Vernon was incredibly lazy, couldn't control the ball, never got off the ground when challenging for a ball in the air, and just didn't want to work, unlike Baldwin who came in at the same time.

I'd much, much rather have Spencer, Crawford and Paterson then Vernon. My god he was useless.

The best partnership I saw last season was Vernon and Spencer.

Not sure how is classed as lazy, and he held the ball up better than any of our other players.

The key factor to his popularity, or lack of it, was he wont score a lot of goals.

Id have him back in an instant in league two and I think many will when we see what we actually end up with....

Back