• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A Letter To Sainsbury's

I posted my letter to Mr King at Sainsburys this afternoon, but have not copied to the press.

Reason being, as someone already suggested, is that with the exception of a few, many clubs are in trouble so another desparate bail out story isnt newsworthy. Surely, a successful lower key campaign, where we get a pledge of action to save our club would be a far better story for them, as the Sun, Sky News etc are in the business of selling news, not building and maintaining brand loyalty like sainsburys need to.

Would rather keep the whole thing under the radar and pop up with a national 'Sainsburys are new owners of SUFC' headlines!!

Yep I agree.

I suppose the counter-argument is that it may potentially alert new investors...

...does P Diddy read The Sun?

There's another angle here which is that this could be a PR disaster for Sainsburys if not handled correctly - big multinational closes down small football club to build supermarket, etc etc.

I'm sure it's in Sainsburys interests to ensure headlines like this don't materialise - as such they won't want the media getting too involved.

I've sent an amended version too.

There's another angle here which is that this could be a PR disaster for Sainsburys if not handled correctly - big multinational closes down small football club to build supermarket, etc etc.

I'm sure it's in Sainsburys interests to ensure headlines like this don't materialise - as such they won't want the media getting too involved.

I've sent an amended version too.

I hadnt thought of that, really good point!

Some of the "letters" on here are foolish and show a lack of understanding.

To think that Sainsbury's would listen to anything said on here (when RM owns all the land, and all the football club) is just ridiculous.

This is a massive bump for this thead.

Chaps / Chapesses, this is now more important than ever - we get these letters off and try to force Sainsbury's hand...

Let's get printing and writing guys.

Bump - MODS can we make this a sticky please?

Bump,

We might have a new uncontracted management team, but we still need to ensure that Sainsbury's are fully aware of the current financial plight of the club.

Bump,

We might have a new uncontracted management team, but we still need to ensure that Sainsbury's are fully aware of the current financial plight of the club.

Come off it, Sainsbury's can hardly fail to be aware of the current financial plight of the club. What you mean is, ensure Sainsbury's get lots of letters telling them to sell to the consortium. And nothing wrong with that if that is your opinion, but not making that plain smacks of the sort of spin Ronaldo gets slated for.

Come off it, Sainsbury's can hardly fail to be aware of the current financial plight of the club. What you mean is, ensure Sainsbury's get lots of letters telling them to sell to the consortium. And nothing wrong with that if that is your opinion, but not making that plain smacks of the sort of spin Ronaldo gets slated for.

Do you enjoy Ron's company? What is the best thing you like about the man.. how did you meet?

It's no secret that I want change - evident in pretty much every post I make on here.

I do however believe that Sainsbury's would not be happy if their shareholders / entire company knew about the "investment" in Southend, and the current risks attached. Opening this up to them, and encouraging an open tender process (which is beneficial for the club and Sainsbury's) would surely be the fair solution? That doesn't necessarily mean that Mark Rubin & co gets the club!

It's no secret that I want change - evident in pretty much every post I make on here.

I do however believe that Sainsbury's would not be happy if their shareholders / entire company knew about the "investment" in Southend, and the current risks attached. Opening this up to them, and encouraging an open tender process (which is beneficial for the club and Sainsbury's) would surely be the fair solution? That doesn't necessarily mean that Mark Rubin & co gets the club!

I think Sainsburys would sooner ditch the entire project than start getting involved in the politics of this.

Do you enjoy Ron's company? What is the best thing you like about the man.. how did you meet?

J, you let yourself down with stuff like this. You are an intelligent guy, and you know perfectly well that far from enjoying Ron's company, we have never met, spoken, or communicated in any way. In fact I have made it perfectly clear that I find a lot of what he has done (the "Eastwood era" comment about Tilly, for example) unacceptable and distasteful. But that doesn't mean that I am therefore going to accept a different set of property developers with open arms without wanting to know a bit about them.

What many people on here have criticised is the lack of openness and the spin with which Ron is associated. Why then do you dislike it when I try and cut through the obfuscation and spin that the Consortium in it's turn is surrounding it's workings with? I simply want transparency so everyone knows what the real options are.

Back