• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Mohsni set for debut?

I think he'll be on the bench for sat and will get a 5 min cameo at right/left back at the end of the game. He could get a good 25-30 mins at right/left back if we are 2 goals up and looking comfortable, I wouldn't expect PS to change the two centre halves at any point unless a) we are getting murdered b) either pick up an injury.

Maybe he will 'rest' Phillips and Prosser and play Mohsni and Coughlan. I thought one contributory factor of the defeat at Aldershot was alot of that team played two hours against Bristol City, so he may give a few a rest.

It was Prior from his first spell that I was comparing him to!

The third player I'd compare him to would be Leo Roget. Roget was a championship quality defender and would probably still be top 5 over the last 25 years, so we're still talking fairly lofty heights.

Blimey, based on a handful of friendlies and yesterdays reserve match that's high praise indeed!

Although he is good in the air Coughlan is far too slow. As soon as Akinde come on for Bristol City he was roasted every time. Phillips has to start for me. Been impressed with him

Im not sure that moshni's best position is in central defence. Im thinking right back or defensive midfielder/ sweeper. That said i was mighty impressed with against the hammers. I just feel that he will make the odd defensive howler. Thankfully you rarely get punished in league 2.

Hope he starts saturday.

From what I've seen his best position is centre back. As a full back he made good interceptions on numerous occasions by going to ground, but I felt that was because of his positioning at right back wasn't the best.

I hate to tempt fate, but from the games I've seen him play, I rather think he is a red card waiting to happen - especially away from home.

I would normally be taking this sot of optimism about a player with a skip load of salt, but as its YB I will just take a pinch...

I hate to tempt fate, but from the games I've seen him play, I rather think he is a red card waiting to happen - especially away from home.

As I said earlier, I'm not saying he's necessarily as good as Prior, Sodje and Roget (and if he's half as good as that lot, he'll still be a decent player), but he is as physically gifted which gives him a head start over most other players. There's a lot more than natural ability though to defending - just look at Simon Francis.

The key will be his footballing intelligence. How well does he read the game? How quickly does he learn? Can he learn to curb his enthusiasm and not dive in? That will be the difference between his career progressing upwards (like Spencer Prior) or fizzling out (like Leo Roget). Let's hope he progresses.

A bit of squad rotation to keep everyone fit and on their toes isnt a bad thing at this point of the season, some players didnt have a proper pre-season. Would like to us line up
Morris
Clohessy
Phillips
Mohsni
Barker
Easton
Simpson
Grant
Hall
Pato
Spencer

A bit of squad rotation to keep everyone fit and on their toes isnt a bad thing at this point of the season, some players didnt have a proper pre-season. Would like to us line up
Morris
Clohessy
Phillips
Mohsni
Barker
Easton
Simpson
Grant
Hall
Pato
Spencer

I think Hall could be in for a start this week, Soares didn't do a lot last week.

cant wait too see this guy again, during pre season he was a different class!

You could be right. I think he could be a great player and could get a cult following, but he needs to stop the rash challenges and curb the hot headedness. They somehow need to calm him down a bit.

We now have four centre-halves that are better than anything we've had over the last four years (other than the on-loan Dervite).

Ridiculous statement prior to yesterday and seems even worse following the performance of Prosser, Phillips and Coughlan.

Back