• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
I'm having a bit of a clear out and have come across some old programmes from the mid 90's.

In amongst them was a programme from our home match against Preston from January 1987 and I just flicked through to see how poor it was in comparison to our latest offering.

Anyway, in the centre pages there is a picture of the mascot - none other than a 10 year old Matthew Lockwood. The picture is unmistakeable - he's hardly changed! Anyway, he went to Hamstel Road school, played for Thorpe Invaders as a left winger, supported Southend and Liverpool and favourite Blues player was Richard Cadette.

His ambition?

To be a professional footballer.

Anyway, on another note, is anyone interested in buying any old programmes? Thought I'd mention it on here before i stick them on ebay. PM me if you're interested.

Lockwood was also at the mid-week game against Canvey ...

Kev

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ Jan. 23 2005,21:43)]Good left back! Lets have him please Tilly!
He sure is. That's why he's been performing at Birdbrain Road for his entire career ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Jan. 24 2005,07:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]He sure is. That's why he's been performing at Birdbrain Road for his entire career ...

Same could be said for Maher!
Not really, Maher's only played there once a season.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Jan. 24 2005,10:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Jan. 23 2005,23:15)]Happier with Che really.
You're easily pleased then.
tounge.gif
Well, to be fair, Che was decent again against Mansfield against a useful right winger (Brown). Let him go once or twice but generally solid enough. If Lockwood was really as good as he was being touted a while ago, he wouldn't still be there.

Oh, and yes I am easily pleased. If only you knew how much pleasure I get from this new smiley!!
upside.gif
upside.gif
upside.gif
upside.gif

Have just seen a programme on ebay of Southend United v Sheff Wed a friendly dated 13/8/73 for one hundred and twenty five pounds . Is this them most expensive ever advertised .

Back