• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The enviroment agency has said that should sea defences at Jaywick fail there could be Millions of pounds worth of improvements

I have a property with friends living in at Jaywick. The friends in there; have been evacuated, and left all there possessions. Police are patrolling the area to protect properties as we speak. People there dont have a lot, but the area has improved.A goverment paid agency paid for a lot of improvment work to properties over the summer.Yes it is not the best area, but a lot of Essex people live there and could lose everthing. Hopefully not life though!!

Warning just issued in last few minutes SEVERE WARNING of flooding in Rochford and Pagglesham tonight.

Live very close to it. Fingers crossed but not very confident it wont be or some properties near it.

They were talking about high tides being 2m higher than normal in some places....I fear for those places at Jaywick, never did appear to be the most sturdy of buildings.

Thought I’d revive this beauty of a thread in case there are any other weather enthusiasts still lurking on here.

If what I’m seeing on model outputs is correct then we could be in for potentially the most prolonged and potent spell of proper Wonter since 1991 or 1987 from late Feb into March.

Expecting to see the signals on this “firm-up” around Monday or Tuesday.

Thought I’d revive this beauty of a thread in case there are any other weather enthusiasts still lurking on here.

If what I’m seeing on model outputs is correct then we could be in for potentially the most prolonged and potent spell of proper Wonter since 1991 or 1987 from late Feb into March.

Expecting to see the signals on this “firm-up” around Monday or Tuesday.

You are the editor of The Express and I claim my £5. All the Poles and Romainians at work are wandering about in tee-shirts which is the best weather indicator about. Summer is coming.

Very cold from Sunday night through next week, with associated problems with snow likely. More detail nearer the time. But the coldest blast of winter has been reserved ironically, for the first days of meteorological Spring!

Oldham game, although very cold should go ahead. Walsall the following Saturday......hmmmm....hope the ground staff at RH have got covers and heaters ready...

Very cold from Sunday night through next week, with associated problems with snow likely. More detail nearer the time. But the coldest blast of winter has been reserved ironically, for the first days of meteorological Spring!

Oldham game, although very cold should go ahead. Walsall the following Saturday......hmmmm....hope the ground staff at RH have got covers and heaters ready...

I'm glad this thread got resurrected! Got up this morning to find that our heating system has gone AWOL. I've got hold of our heating engineer's mum who will get him to ring me. Meanwhile its up in the loft to find the dumped convector heaters of years past. I'm so glad it's going to get colder, woo hoo.

Back