• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Started watching futureman. Bit of a wacky eccentric sci fi comedy. But quite entertaining.

Sadly the last two episodes of Motherland were a laugh-free zone - at times they were more like a serious drama.

As in the first two episodes of the series, or have you watched all six now? I really enjoyed episodes one and two.

All 6. It was the law of diminishing returns sadly. Not enough made in regards to Julia's useless husband, too much of Liz's ex and his new relationship. As I said, it changed from a comedy into more of a comic-drama (with more emphasis on the drama).

After such a funny pilot it really lost its way and didn't know what it wanted to be.

Peakie Blinders.
Back to better form, blood and gore.

Great theme music too!

Looking forward to this, had work functions the last two evenings so tonight is the first chance I've had to watch it. I've missed the Shelby's.

Another thing I'm looking forward to is Vikings returning at the end of the month!

Benfleet was a Viking settlement.

They wouldn't last five minutes in The Benfleet Tavern these days.

Was it? I thought that was a little bit too southerly? Didn't the Vikings just invade the north of the country (I'm probably wrong).

For some reason I can't now remember I totally missed Peaky Blinders first time out. I'm now half way through series 2, absolutely cracking drama.

Looking forward to this, had work functions the last two evenings so tonight is the first chance I've had to watch it. I've missed the Shelby's.

Another thing I'm looking forward to is Vikings returning at the end of the month!

Vikings is awesome!! :thumbsup:

Benfleet was a Viking settlement.

Was it? I thought that was a little bit too southerly? Didn't the Vikings just invade the north of the country (I'm probably wrong).

The Battle of Benfleet is taught in our local primary schools as a history topic. I think it's year 4 that do it - and they all celebrate with a "Viking day" during their half term of learning about it. There's a plaque down near the station commemorating the Battle.

Back