• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

100% all about opinions. I've tried to watch some of the docs as the subject matter appeals but she has zero personality and sounds so thick, I'm sure she's not but she sounds like someone from Towie

I can see where you're coming from and now you've mentioned it's bound to bug me. :thumbsup:

It's odd, as people we do tend to generalize.

What I like about her is she isn't like you would imagine her to be and is the exact example of why you can't always judge a book by it's cover. If you didn't know who she was and were in a bar and talking to her and she was telling you all about what she's been up to and the risks and dangers, you'd think she was making it all up. Almost in a girl next door sort of a way.

Truth is, she isn't, of course and I find her a breath of fresh air in a lot of ways.

The 1st episode of The Walking Dead season 8 after the mid season break.

Spoiler:  
Thought they kicked the arse out of Carl dying, but on the whole a pretty decent episode. Explains the start scenes where it shows an old Rick and everyone living happily.

On telly:

Star Trek - Discovery: Managed to jump the shark in it's very first series. Alternative Universe? Huge amount of cringing on what had the ability to be something really rather good (despite the typical comedy "English posh" villain, which was also a mis-step but a minor one).
Save Me - Now TV/Sky Atlantic. Only 2 epsisodes in but it's brilliant. A very honest portrait of lower class Sarf Lundhun. Highly recommended.

Life and death row: The Mass Execution. watched 2 episodes last night, last 2 tonight. Great watch.

Why is it always Fried Chicken for their last meal, watched 3rd one last night and both ordered the same

So far zero sympathy with any of them, amazing they can find god or a good woman whilst in jail to put them on the path of redemption as the their time gets closer

Why is it always Fried Chicken for their last meal, watched 3rd one last night and both ordered the same

So far zero sympathy with any of them, amazing they can find god or a good woman whilst in jail to put them on the path of redemption as the their time gets closer

The fried chicken must be a culture thing, an African American thing, If we still had capital punishment I'm sure there would be a lot of fish and chips and roast dinners as last meals.

I agree about the finding god and/or a good woman, but I struggle with some of the evidence that was presented to the jury on some cases.

Very eye opening!

It's odd, as people we do tend to generalize.

What I like about her is she isn't like you would imagine her to be and is the exact example of why you can't always judge a book by it's cover. If you didn't know who she was and were in a bar and talking to her and she was telling you all about what she's been up to and the risks and dangers, you'd think she was making it all up. Almost in a girl next door sort of a way.

Truth is, she isn't, of course and I find her a breath of fresh air in a lot of ways.
all of this, and I fancy her too!

The fried chicken must be a culture thing, an African American thing, If we still had capital punishment I'm sure there would be a lot of fish and chips and roast dinners as last meals.

Sausage, liver, bacon mash, peas and gravy for me.

Although I don't intend to end up on death row so maybe I'll just order that next time I'm out for dinner.

This Country is back on BBC3. Great little comedy faux-documentary about two loser cousins in rural Gloucestershire (played by real life siblings).

screen-shot-2017-03-30-at-13-48-56.png

This Country is back on BBC3. Great little comedy faux-documentary about two loser cousins in rural Gloucestershire (played by real life siblings).

Didn't realise this was back, enjoyed the 1st series. How much is Kurtan like Gareth Keenan though!

Watched the 1st one on the train this morning. Kurtan and his new girlfriend cracked me up "4 texts a day is mental"

Watched the 1st one on the train this morning. Kurtan and his new girlfriend cracked me up "4 texts a day is mental"

I'm loving it - glad to see it has broken on to 'regular' TV too now (Tuesdays on BBC2) so hopefully it'll start reaching a wider audience.

The second series of Damned - C4 comedy set in a social services office. Just 'comedy' does it a disservice though as there is lots there to make you think too. Last one I watched featured a couple of heroin addicts having to give up their child; difficult, thought provoking telly but with plenty in between the sadness to make you smile.

Also nice to see Greatjon Umber from GOT make a comeback from having his fingers bitten off by a wolf.

The second series of Damned - C4 comedy set in a social services office. Just 'comedy' does it a disservice though as there is lots there to make you think too. Last one I watched featured a couple of heroin addicts having to give up their child; difficult, thought provoking telly but with plenty in between the sadness to make you smile.

Also nice to see Greatjon Umber from GOT make a comeback from having his fingers bitten off by a wolf.

It was superb. The lovely upper-middle class couple with the the equivalent drug addict/alcoholic dad to the junkies was an excellent counterpoint.

Back