• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Unnecessary.

Do love a Minstrel though.

378971011_0_640x640.jpg

The final series of CYE is really poor. A series too far.

Really poor is unfair I think. Still better than most shows could ever dream of being, just not quite the heights of previous seasons. Any time Larry and Susie are in conversation is worth treasuring.

Detectorists went out on a high.sad to see it go.

Agree completely. Lovely show.

Sadly the last two episodes of Motherland were a laugh-free zone - at times they were more like a serious drama.

Yes, it tailed off badly. It has a problem with its three main characters really - Liz is likeable, but Kevin is an utter drip and Julia is just a rubbish person. In early episodes her approach was amusing but her selfishness just became annoying as it wore on. When the viewer struggles to empathise/sympathise with the characters it is tough for the show to do well - only the very best shows, like Seinfeld and Curb, can get away with being centred around people who are utter *****.

But unsurprising.

Anyone who knows their Roy Orbison -and I see Benie Friend was re-weeting a Guardian review of Love Hurts earlier-knows that I was referring to Roy Orbison's 80's Black and White concert, staring Springsteen et al.

You know Barna didn't say that, right?

Of course he knows.Just stirring it,that's all.

Last edited:
I thought it was alright, although I hope they have some new and decent content for the next couple of episodes because that was just a repeat (although cleverly done)

Agreed. It was better than the whole of S3 and the terrible film.

New League of gentleman.

Oh dear...

I thought it was good in parts. The Mr Chinnery scene was so predictable - we've seen it all before - but the Pauline/Ross/Mickey scene was excellent. Tubbs as well - "documument". Looking forward to the next two.

Peaky blinders, great finale, great series. A shame we now have to wait until 2019 for more, also a shame .....

Spoiler:  
....there will be no Alfie Solomons. Tommy being the labour MP for small heath and the suggestion of a link with Al Capone makes the potential of the next series very interesting!

Seems odd that you'd be inviting a former lover to an online streaming service but we won't judge you.

I know. Kelly Brook isn't as busy these days so she can now watch Breaking Bad whilst reminiscing about our games of nudey prod-prod. :happy:

Saw the first one of the new batch of Black Mirrors.

Great stuff indeed, hopefully the other 5 will be just as good if not better. :thumbsup:

As I was feeling really rough Friday, I had an afternoon with a duvet in front of the telly box doing catch up from Christmas. Summary as follows:

Doctor Who - on record as not having been a fan of Capaldi's Doctor and not looking forward to a female one either, but thoroughly enjoyed the festive offering. For once not too many questions for MK after it either! :smile:

Festive Bake Off (part 1) - Selasi remains one of my favourite contestants ever, a good show and delighted that Paul won it. Sandi, Noel and Prue have settled in very well.

Call the Midwife - watched it with tears streaming down my face. I was one in that winter of '63, and I remember stories I was told of it. I love the nostalgia of the series and it never fails to get me in the "feels" with the story lines. Anita Dobson was fantastic as the wife beaten into submission by an abusive husband.

Oh, and EastEnders. How on earth were Abi's friends and housemates partying on in the Vic while she was lying in a vegetative coma in hospital??? :facepalm:

As I was feeling really rough Friday, I had an afternoon with a duvet in front of the telly box doing catch up from Christmas. Summary as follows:

Doctor Who - on record as not having been a fan of Capaldi's Doctor and not looking forward to a female one either, but thoroughly enjoyed the festive offering. For once not too many questions for MK after it either! :smile:

Festive Bake Off (part 1) - Selasi remains one of my favourite contestants ever, a good show and delighted that Paul won it. Sandi, Noel and Prue have settled in very well.

Call the Midwife - watched it with tears streaming down my face. I was one in that winter of '63, and I remember stories I was told of it. I love the nostalgia of the series and it never fails to get me in the "feels" with the story lines. Anita Dobson was fantastic as the wife beaten into submission by an abusive husband.

Oh, and EastEnders. How on earth were Abi's friends and housemates partying on in the Vic while she was lying in a vegetative coma in hospital??? :facepalm:

Throw in Mrs Brown's Boys and you'd have the top five of 'shows I'm least likely to watch over Christmas'.

Back