• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Three Girls

Extraordinarily good from start to finish.

Compelling viewing on an appalling case and highlighting the severe disparity between what should constitute child support and what sometimes actually and sadly does.

Maxine Peake and particularly Paul Kaye were excellent, but Molly Windsor, Ria Zmitrowicz and Liv Hill were simply outstanding.

A friend of mine has a friend who actually sat on the jury of the case and said the depiction was both accurate and superbly done.

If I had one criticism, I'd say the final episode, like many dramas, was a bit rushed and tried to tie too much up in too short a space of time.

It really needed a 4th part, so that the depth of the trial and the aftermath could be comprehended better. The first two episodes had a pace that kept you gripped. The last episode, like I say, needed to be longer. The same as The Missing needed an extra hour, as well.

All in all, the BBC still know how to make a fact based drama like no-one else.

^ I thought Liv Hill as the young girl with special needs, was incredibly well portrayed. That scene in the final part where she's sitting watching herself in the recording of her earlier interview was incredibly well acted.

Maxine Peake was, as she always is, simply outstanding. Hugely under-rated actress.

^ I thought Liv Hill as the young girl with special needs, was incredibly well portrayed. That scene in the final part where she's sitting watching herself in the recording of her earlier interview was incredibly well acted.

Absolutely spot on.

All three were superb, but that scene stood out for me, as well.

Maxine Peake was, as she always is, simply outstanding. Hugely under-rated actress.

I don't think she's underrated as such, I think she's very careful in what roles she takes. She's got quite a left political viewpoint and I don't think she's going to run off to Hollywood to make a rom com or star in Transformers 9. She's more comfortable in TV dramas like this, a Ken Loach film or on the stage.

I don't think she's underrated as such, I think she's very careful in what roles she takes. She's got quite a left political viewpoint and I don't think she's going to run off to Hollywood to make a rom com or star in Transformers 9. She's more comfortable in TV dramas like this, a Ken Loach film or on the stage.

She'll end up in Emmerdale like Pitsy Kinsit.

If anyone is watching Master of None (and if not, why not?)....the episode where Dev & co are only in it at the start & end is really, really clever TV, especially the segment with the deaf woman and her husband. :thumbsup:

If anyone is watching Master of None (and if not, why not?)....the episode where Dev & co are only in it at the start & end is really, really clever TV, especially the segment with the deaf woman and her husband. :thumbsup:

waiting till I have the time. Just finished Its Always Sunny now piling through Designated Survivor (which is getting hammier by the episode to be fair)

waiting till I have the time. Just finished Its Always Sunny now piling through Designated Survivor (which is getting hammier by the episode to be fair)

Bit of a telly overload at the moment. Fargo starts again soon as well, The Handmaid's Tale, not to mention GOT in July. After an excellent start, the last episode of American Gods was a bit.....*****. I'll continue on with it, but it's on notice.

Bit of a telly overload at the moment. Fargo starts again soon as well, The Handmaid's Tale, not to mention GOT in July. After an excellent start, the last episode of American Gods was a bit.....*****. I'll continue on with it, but it's on notice.

have you read the book American Gods? I thought it would have been unfilmable...

By the way, anyone watching The Trial? Great telly, and having done jury service for real, it's VERY realistic. There's very little hard evidence that Simon is guilty, just a lot of suppersition , so I'm going for Not Guilty m'Lud.

By the way, anyone watching The Trial? Great telly, and having done jury service for real, it's VERY realistic. There's very little hard evidence that Simon is guilty, just a lot of suppersition , so I'm going for Not Guilty m'Lud.

Well
  Spoiler:  
Oops :blush:

The same sky.

Netflix drama set in 1974 East/West Germany.

So far so good. I think I could have been a major player in the East German regime.

Back