Likes Likes:  607
Page 351 of 375 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,265 of 5612

Thread: What have you watched on TV?

Certified Senior Citizen Tangled up in Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Cyril View Post
    Ten minutes of Jools Holland.

They books some really **** acts these days don't they.
    Fortunately got back from the pub in time to see Paul Weller's Revolution live and re-wound for his first number.That was all right.Didn't bother with the rest.
    "There are no unemployed people."

Chancellor Philip Hammond.

Quote Originally Posted by Floval Flyer View Post
    Now up to date with Better call Saul,

need something to fill the gap between episodes?!? So much choice on Netflix ...

Is Arrested Development worth a watch??? or Orange is the new Black maybe?
    Arrested Development is brilliant. Check out Its Always Sunny - new season (12), just uploaded. Absolutely hilarious.
    Who's this Rorschach guy and why is he so good at drawing pictures of my Dad beating me?

Quote Originally Posted by Napster View Post
    Arrested Development is brilliant.
    The original series is genius...the Netflix "return" less so. Did I mention Rick & Morty...now that's genius

Junior Blues Co-ordinator OldBlueLady's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MK Shrimper View Post
    Three Girls - Harrowing but superbly acted by all, from Maxine Peake to the girls who were abused and beyond.
    Beggars belief how they put these girls through so much for so long without prosecution. Superb acting all round, from some very unlikely people - Paul Kaye and Lisa Riley for goodness sake!

Quote Originally Posted by OldBlueLady View Post
    Beggars belief how they put these girls through so much for so long without prosecution. Superb acting all round, from some very unlikely people - Paul Kaye and Lisa Riley for goodness sake!
    Paul Kaye's very good - come a long way since Dennis Pennis.

Indeed. Poor, white, working class girls = slappers who deserved it seemed to be the tone of those nice, "liberal" white middle-class council, social workers and police officers.

Indeed, how has large parts of the RC church, childrens homes, celebs and the likes of Cyril Smith (Rochdale MP) existed for so long and so protected?

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo Giovanni View Post
    Indeed, how has large parts of the RC church, childrens homes, celebs and the likes of Cyril Smith (Rochdale MP) existed for so long and so protected?
    F***ing Right .

New Master of None....Dev,
      Spoiler: {option} 
    Why the **** did you leave Modena? It's heaven on earth!

Hector Of The House Benfleet A1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The very excellent 'Spin' the superb french politicl drama is back on More4. If like me you didn't put it on remind then watch it on catch up. Really good series.
    Lord, in your mercy please give my friend a stroke

Three Girls

Extraordinarily good from start to finish.

Compelling viewing on an appalling case and highlighting the severe disparity between what should constitute child support and what sometimes actually and sadly does.

Maxine Peake and particularly Paul Kaye were excellent, but Molly Windsor, Ria Zmitrowicz and Liv Hill were simply outstanding.

A friend of mine has a friend who actually sat on the jury of the case and said the depiction was both accurate and superbly done.

If I had one criticism, I'd say the final episode, like many dramas, was a bit rushed and tried to tie too much up in too short a space of time.

It really needed a 4th part, so that the depth of the trial and the aftermath could be comprehended better. The first two episodes had a pace that kept you gripped. The last episode, like I say, needed to be longer. The same as The Missing needed an extra hour, as well.

All in all, the BBC still know how to make a fact based drama like no-one else.

Junior Blues Co-ordinator OldBlueLady's Avatar

^ I thought Liv Hill as the young girl with special needs, was incredibly well portrayed. That scene in the final part where she's sitting watching herself in the recording of her earlier interview was incredibly well acted.

Maxine Peake was, as she always is, simply outstanding. Hugely under-rated actress.

^ I thought Liv Hill as the young girl with special needs, was incredibly well portrayed. That scene in the final part where she's sitting watching herself in the recording of her earlier interview was incredibly well acted.
    Absolutely spot on.

All three were superb, but that scene stood out for me, as well.

Maxine Peake was, as she always is, simply outstanding. Hugely under-rated actress.
    I don't think she's underrated as such, I think she's very careful in what roles she takes. She's got quite a left political viewpoint and I don't think she's going to run off to Hollywood to make a rom com or star in Transformers 9. She's more comfortable in TV dramas like this, a Ken Loach film or on the stage.

Quote Originally Posted by MK Shrimper View Post
    I don't think she's underrated as such, I think she's very careful in what roles she takes. She's got quite a left political viewpoint and I don't think she's going to run off to Hollywood to make a rom com or star in Transformers 9. She's more comfortable in TV dramas like this, a Ken Loach film or on the stage.
    She'll end up in Emmerdale like Pitsy Kinsit.
    Ponce.

Perfumed Ponce.