• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Jedi Shrimper

formerly Drastic™
As the original thread was lost in the ether after SZ's unexpected 'holiday', I thought it would be a good idea to kick it off again with Xmas TV upon us.

Thoughts on the new series of Peep Show?

Did anybody see Panorama last night on supermarkets/farming etc?

On Tuesday I finally caught a repeat of BBC4's adaptation of Douglas Adam's Dirk Gently. Thought it was excellent, haven't read the book in a while so not sure how faithful it is. Thought Stephen Mangan was excellent. and hope it gets made into a full series.

Mate, you read my mind. I was hunting for this thread earlier.

Peep Show: I'm afraid it's hit and miss for me, though I'm bound to get shot down for that. I think it's a bit tired now.

Dirk Gently was indeed super, I have read the book but probably 20+ years ago so I couldn't remember a thing about it!

Tramadol nights: Hmm, I'm sticking with it. The sketches are dismal, the stand up is good (in parts).

Has the dismal Morganna been canned by C4?

Tucking in to ESPN's 30 for 30 series at the moment, a series of sports documentaries currently showing on ESPN Classic. They're not *just* about sport though. For example, Ice Cube made one ostensibly about the LA/Oakland Raiders, but the film took in gangsta rap, the LA riots, Hollywood and more. Most of the ones I have seen have been excellent - only the Allen Iverson one fell a bit short.

http://30for30.espn.com/

Oh, and Sky's Little Crackers has generally been pretty good. Julian Barrett's was a big, big miss though.

Has the dismal Morganna been canned by C4?

No, but More4 has cut the excellent Daily Show from 5 nights a week to just one, in order to show more "high end american programming". They've just purchased the US version (that they sold to the yanks) of Shameless. Which stars William H Macy as Frank Gallagher & Joan Cusack as Sheila. I have nothing against them showing the US Shameless, but surely they could keep the Daily Show and use less repeats of Come Dine With Me.

No, but More4 has cut the excellent Daily Show from 5 nights a week to just one, in order to show more "high end american programming". They've just purchased the US version (that they sold to the yanks) of Shameless. Which stars William H Macy as Frank Gallagher & Joan Cusack as Sheila. I have nothing against them showing the US Shameless, but surely they could keep the Daily Show and use less repeats of Come Dine With Me.
Use to love Come Dine With Me, but like you said to many repeats! Should now be named Come Bore With Me!

No correction needed. Could use a D on the end of that "use" though. :raspberry:

Got to love Christmas and New Year telly, although it's pretty rubbish compared to previous years this year. Only things I'm absolutely not missing under any circumstances are Doctor Who and Primeval.

On boxing day there's a 'Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads' repeat - xmas special. Can't wait.

No correction needed. Could use a D on the end of that "use" though. :raspberry:

Got to love Christmas and New Year telly, although it's pretty rubbish compared to previous years this year. Only things I'm absolutely not missing under any circumstances are Doctor Who and Primeval.

Oooh! Dont you just love a smart @rse! :winking:

Well, I could've mentioned the handy "Edit Post" feature, but... :raspberry:

And now them Hairy Biker lads are getting in on the Christmas cooking shows - AND Ready Steady Cook's back on.

(In my defence, I'm a Creative Writing student, it's practically my job to pick up on that kind of thing).

Well, I could've mentioned the handy "Edit Post" feature, but... :raspberry:

And now them Hairy Biker lads are getting in on the Christmas cooking shows - AND Ready Steady Cook's back on.

(In my defence, I'm a Creative Writing student, it's practically my job to pick up on that kind of thing).
Did i mention my finger slipped off the key? :blush: Honestly!:stupidme:

you still cant beat all the only fools and horses thats been on bbc for the last two days, never get bored of them classics.

On boxing day there's a 'Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads' repeat - xmas special. Can't wait.

There's also a Charlie Brooker Screen/News/Gameswipe 2010 special on BBC2, which isn't to be missed.

Tucking in to ESPN's 30 for 30 series at the moment, a series of sports documentaries currently showing on ESPN Classic. They're not *just* about sport though. For example, Ice Cube made one ostensibly about the LA/Oakland Raiders, but the film took in gangsta rap, the LA riots, Hollywood and more. Most of the ones I have seen have been excellent - only the Allen Iverson one fell a bit short.

http://30for30.espn.com/

The Len Bias one is gut-wrenching. Most of these documentaries, as well as the America's Game series on Sky Sports occasionally, really do show how to do an emotive, engaging sports documentary and I'd love Sky to commission something similar for the EPL.

Tonight I'll be catching up on Friday Night Lights.

Come Dine With Me is always good to watch, mainly for the narrator!

I watched Batman Begins last night. Never been interested before but turned over to itv for the local news at 10.30 and then just started watching the film after. I must say it was a realy good film, had me hooked from start to finish.

There's also a Charlie Brooker Screen/News/Gameswipe 2010 special on BBC2, which isn't to be missed.

The Len Bias one is gut-wrenching. Most of these documentaries, as well as the America's Game series on Sky Sports occasionally, really do show how to do an emotive, engaging sports documentary and I'd love Sky to commission something similar for the EPL.

Tonight I'll be catching up on Friday Night Lights.

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of America's Game too. I'll be recording the one about the 1980 Oakland Raiders on Saturday morning.

Annoyed that I missed the Drazen Petrovic/Vlade Divac 30 for 30 last night, but I've managed to track it down on YouTube. Wathcing the Ricky Williams one at the moment.

I've been enjoying 'The Navity' - a really interesting take on the Christmas story and the kind of thing the BBC should be showing at Christmas.

Back