• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Watched the first episode on my commute this morning, thoroughly enjoyed it.

A little geek bonus for you, you can turn on Klingon Subtitles.

Doctor Foster goes beyond daft in the penultimate episode. I really think
  Spoiler:  
Tom will commit suicide, or at least try as they seem unaware how their fighting is affecting their kids.

Channel hopping last night and Parks & Rec was on Watch.

Within minutes April had freaked out some children, Lesley had given herself a girl scout badge, Tom had said 'treat yoself' and someone had been rude to Jerry. I loved that show.

Channel hopping last night and Parks & Rec was on Watch.

Within minutes April had freaked out some children, Lesley had given herself a girl scout badge, Tom had said 'treat yoself' and someone had been rude to Jerry. I loved that show.

Without a doubt one of America's finest (apart from S1 which was a bit meh).

We kind of gave up with the later seasons as well, but the middle run from maybe 2 until 4 was fantastic.

Might be time for a re-watch, along with Friday Night Lights, The Sopranos, The Wire etc etc etc etc

We kind of gave up with the later seasons as well, but the middle run from maybe 2 until 4 was fantastic.

Might be time for a re-watch, along with Friday Night Lights, The Sopranos, The Wire etc etc etc etc

I thought it was above good all the way through, but often hit the absolute top rank. I'd certainly have it in my all-time top five of sitcoms.

I thought it was above good all the way through, but often hit the absolute top rank. I'd certainly have it in my all-time top five of sitcoms.

Indeed - it wasn't just the comedy (which was outstanding), the positivity of Leslie never came over sickly sweet thanks to the dourness of Ron & April, also the fringe characters were superbly written and you cared about everyone, including Garry "Jerry"/"Larry"/"Lenny"/"Terry"/"Barry"/"Gerry" Gergich

Indeed - it wasn't just the comedy (which was outstanding), the positivity of Leslie never came over sickly sweet thanks to the dourness of Ron & April, also the fringe characters were superbly written and you cared about everyone, including Garry "Jerry"/"Larry"/"Lenny"/"Terry"/"Barry"/"Gerry" Gergich

The point re caring about the characters is key - it occurred to me last night while watching an episode of W1A. With the possible exception of Ian and Lucy, I couldn't care less about any of them. All pretty awful people.

Reggie Yates in Ghana slums and Iraqi migrant camp docs on BBC iPlayer are worth a watch.

I really like Reggie's amiable personality, and he makes some thought provoking documentaries. After watching both I actually thought the Ghana slum residents had a harsher existence than those in the migrant camp. Suprised me, but make your own mind up.

Recommend both.

Just started that, looks good.

People-Just-Do-Nothing-BBC-Three-5.jpg

"Back" has gotten so awful so quickly I've deleted the series link on t'box. Old people saying "****". Hilarious. :thumbdown:

Back