• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Did no-one else watch "The Promised Island" last week about the relocation of a large group of Hasidic Jews from Stamford Hill to Canvey?

Thought it was really interesting and was quite moving how various members of the local community made huge efforts to reach out to them. Still available on iplayer if anyone's still interested.

We've sold a couple of houses to the Jewish landlords mentioned, who are buying lots of suitable properties in a certain area, so it had a relevance to me.

So most of the Jewish families on Canvey are renting?

Not that I have a problem with that. You don't see their kids riding quad bikes around the sea wall.

So most of the Jewish families on Canvey are renting?

Not that I have a problem with that. You don't see their kids riding quad bikes around the sea wall.

Yes, the Jewish landlords from London are investing money down here for their tenants.

Yes, the Jewish landlords from London are investing money down here for their tenants.

I saw one of the Haredi Jews on Benfleet High Street as I was walking out of Sainsburys.

He was looking around in a suspiciously furtive manner outside the Turkish restaurant and when he determined the coast was clear darted into William Hill.

I saw another loitering outside Pizza Hut smoking a cigarette.

If you ask me they are integrating just fine. They will be driving leased Range Rovers, wearing tight grey jogging bottoms and covering themselves in **** tattoos next.

It really is one of the best things I've ever seen on TV. Highly recommended

I am not a fan of peaky Blinders.

I hate the slow motion moody shots of the family/gang walking along to some **** music such as Kasabian.

Essex has enough hardmen to support an industry releasing gangster films every two weeks or so. If you ask me the BBC should be looking a bit further south than Birmingham.

me too, very interesting and yes the Dr Feelgood manager was going above and beyond to make them feel welcome - you don't expect to see someone being so committed to having a positive influence

Yes, I really liked that - the way he was so determined to make sure they were welcome just put a smile on my face.

I was also pleased that Chris Fenwick had the opportunity to bust the myth about Canvey being at great risk from sea flooding. That sea wall really is a beast.

Didn't see any of Canvey's new community when I went for a sea(estuary)front walk on Sunday but it was a miserable day so I wouldn't blame them for sitting in and leafing through the Torah.

And still some 20 years on, there's not one "out" footballer playing professionally. :nope:

The last Inside No.9........oh dear....is that the sound of the shark being jumped? Very poor, very few laughs and a cliched twist that has been done better elsewhere.
Episode 3 of Inside No 9 was far better than the first two IMO.
Strangely the Professor Green documentary on white working class is interesting and measured.

Britannia, watched the whole first season. Not sure what to make of it tbh. Lots of hippy moments from the druids and the typical gore that you would expect from a GoT type show.

Black Mirrors. Watched all of season 3 over past week.

One or two good episodes, but some duffers too. Bit hit and miss.

Back