• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Shetland was interesting this week, set on Fair Isle.
It must be a tad strange living in a community of 70 people only with just 3 flights in or out a week by light aircraft.

Watched both series of Top Boy over last week or so thought it was pretty good

The finale of True Detective.

Spoiler:  
perhaps an anticlimax, but still a fantastic series. I quite liked the positive ending for Cohle but they seemed to have bitten off more than they could choose and went down a fairly clichéd route for the ending. The series peaked with eps 4 and 5 IMO, which were simply perfect. Looking forward to what they do with Season 2

The finale of True Detective.

Spoiler:  
perhaps an anticlimax, but still a fantastic series. I quite liked the positive ending for Cohle but they seemed to have bitten off more than they could choose and went down a fairly clichéd route for the ending. The series peaked with eps 4 and 5 IMO, which were simply perfect. Looking forward to what they do with Season 2

Agree pretty much 100% there Pubey. Just watched it and the finale was slightly - slightly - dissatisfying. But a tremendous show nonetheless.

Agree pretty much 100% there Pubey. Just watched it and the finale was slightly - slightly - dissatisfying. But a tremendous show nonetheless.

Spoiler:  
there's only so many times i can tolerate seeing the baddie jump out from the shadows and then get domed by a wounded goodie when they're about to bring an axe down on another wounded goodie. The final scene/chase was pretty poor, and could have focused on the house which was truly scary.

I had higher hopes for TD and I felt it didn't deliver. However the show as a whole was great. The concept is also really promising.

The fact that there are still queries over the Tuttles, the police coverup, Marty's kids etc - it feels harsh to ignore that and just turn it into a 'redneck yokel' finale. Also the green ears/green paint - talk about a leap!!!

Watched the first two episodes of Rob Brydon/Steve Coogan in Italy show, really good stuff.

It's still good but not as good as the first series, feels a bit a stretch to make a 2nd series of the same thing.(ie they drive-they eat-they do impressions)

To call the last ep of True Detective disappointing is a disservice. It's disappointing insofar as some of the earlier eps were incredible. The series had to be wrapped up someway and it's great it was wrapped up so early, leaving more time for introspection and the dialogue between the two which again was crackling. And like so many crimes, there is still a lot left to ponder. Also, the last line about the light winning, was pitch perfect. Overall, the series got a solid 9/10.

Oh and one line chilled me more than any other:

"Marty, this is the place"

the dialogue between the two which again was crackling.

Generally speaking, I'd agree. It did stray a bit close to 'buddy movie' territory at times in that final episode though.

Would agree with your 'solid 9/10' assessment of the show overall though. And no doubt plenty of gongs will be coming McConaughey's way after that stunning performance.

yeah it's definitely a 9/10 for me.

I also agree that it was good that it left the time for introspection at the end.

To call the last ep of True Detective disappointing is a disservice. It's disappointing insofar as some of the earlier eps were incredible. The series had to be wrapped up someway and it's great it was wrapped up so early, leaving more time for introspection and the dialogue between the two which again was crackling. And like so many crimes, there is still a lot left to ponder. Also, the last line about the light winning, was pitch perfect. Overall, the series got a solid 9/10.

Oh and one line chilled me more than any other:

"Marty, this is the place"

Does anyone remember those "'ere Burt this is the place" adverts for local businesses at the cinema?

Mad Men was back and sadly I thought it was a bit of a missed opportunity. Hey ho, hopefully it'll pick up.

Nurse Jackie as well which was still quality.

Caught up with the last two Rev's. Brilliant stuff, well written, well acted. Top drawer telly.

Watched a Vicar's stand up much like the football managers one Phil Brown was involved with. Really odd seeing Vicar's tell naughty jokes.

Back