• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Really? It looked like a school play made on a budget of £50.

Must admit the trailer for next week's filmed short story had that sort of look about it.

Never read any of Philip K.Dick's (stop sniggering at the back) :smiles: novels (apart from Blade Runner) or Do Androids Dream of Electic Sheep? but thought last night's programme-The Mask Maker -had the same sort of look and feel about it.

Last edited:
Must admit the trailer for next week's filmed short story had that sort of look about it.

Never read any of Philip K.Dick's (stop sniggering at the back) :smiles: novels (apart from Blade Runner) but thought last night's programme-The Mask Maker -had the same sort of look and feel about it.

I've not read any. Lots of Robert Heinlein & Phillip Jose Farmer but not Dicky-boy.....and those were a very long time ago.

Really? It looked like a school play made on a budget of £50.

I was really looking forward to it but was massively disappointed. With the names that are appearing in the series thought it was going to be a big budget affair but thought it was poor.

S4 of Bojack Horseman...superb....and the final two episodes were just perfection. Who knew an animation about a misanthropic talking horse could be so powerful?

Oh, and EastEnders - wow, that was a shock - they kept that one well and truly under their hats!

The Orville.

Pretty mediocre, was expecting more from Seth McFarlane.

Not funny enough to be considered a comedy and not serious enough to be a scifi. Just comes across as a rubbish Star Trek clone.

Child In Time - it made absolutely no sense but it was ok. The entire storyline of his best friend seemed totally pointless. Haven't read the novel, so no idea how faithful it is.

Child In Time - it made absolutely no sense but it was ok. The entire storyline of his best friend seemed totally pointless. Haven't read the novel, so no idea how faithful it is.

There's 90 minutes I'll never get back!

Very well acted I thought but I wasn't sure what most of the scenes were trying to say/do.

It wasn't explained very well why Charles acted the way he did after leaving government. Throw in the mother seeing premonitions and it all became rather confusing.

I was expecting something more like The Missing.

Very well acted I thought but I wasn't sure what most of the scenes were trying to say/do.

It wasn't explained very well why Charles acted the way he did after leaving government. Throw in the mother seeing premonitions and it all became rather confusing.

You're not wrong, it was a bit of a mess. Though I made sure I gave my sleeping daughter a kiss when I went to bed.

Star Trek Discovery on Netflix. I'd forgotten I was a closet trekkie fan. Double header opening episode and it was great. Roll on the rest of the series.

Star Trek Discovery on Netflix. I'd forgotten I was a closet trekkie fan. Double header opening episode and it was great. Roll on the rest of the series.

I used to like Star Trek Next Generation but not a massive fanboy, but thought the new one was good.

You're not wrong, it was a bit of a mess. Though I made sure I gave my sleeping daughter a kiss when I went to bed.

Thanks for the reminder guys.This was one I meant to watch.Maybe tonight.

Back