• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend have been nominated for Best Marketing Campaign (for our 'Thriller' match promotion), and again for Community Club Of The Year.

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10444~2282811,00.html

Best marketing ? Is someone having a laugh.

Best marketing companies do not run out of paper tickets for poorly attended matches; best marketing companies do not advertise a match from months ago on their telephone system. One campaign should not distort what is generally a pretty shoddy customer interface.

Best marketing ? Is someone having a laugh.

Best marketing companies do not run out of paper tickets for poorly attended matches; best marketing companies do not advertise a match from months ago on their telephone system. One campaign should not distort what is generally a pretty shoddy customer interface.

It's for the best campaign, not best company.

It's for the best campaign, not best company.

Which is why I said "One campaign should not distort what is generally a pretty shoddy customer interface." What's the point of doing one gimmick well if you can't get the basics right ?

As I was heard on Essex radio when PS & TB were on - included in my email was the fact we won't be nominated for anymore 'family club' awards they way in which we are going - if you focus on the future & our youngsters coming through to be fans, well, then I would be a lot happier...................

even better than that, is that my close friend, who do the marketing campaign, and did the video of moshni, was made redundant by the club 2 weeks ago, along with most of the marketing department!! so if the shrimpers do win it, I hope they have the guts to invite him back to the event to collect and not have martin and king trying to be all smart arsed. and give all the spiel about being this and that .. the way they treated my friend was absolute shocking!!

Just saw this pop up on my Twitter:

"SUFCRootsHall - just won the Community Club of the Year for the 2nd year running at Football League awards and were League Two winners for Marketing Award."

Not necessarily surprised at the marketing one if that's true, the "Thriller" campaign was pretty inspired but AM surprised at the community one, I know we do a fair bit but I had a feeling that it wasn't as much as we used to. I assume this is primarily for SUCET, so well done to Steve and all the guys down there.

Just out of interest, does anyone know how many more fans than the previous home game were attracted by the club's 'Thriller' campaign?

I'm guessing it was on or around Halloween time as, I must admit, I hadn't heard anything of it until I read this thread.

Just out of interest, does anyone know how many more fans than the previous home game were attracted by the club's 'Thriller' campaign?

I'm guessing it was on or around Halloween time as, I must admit, I hadn't heard anything of it until I read this thread.
Good question...

According to our ever-so-reliable OS, ther was "00" fans in attendance.... :unsure:

Anyone got the official attendance for that game vs Rotherham?

The home crowd v Rotherham was 5,533 the home match 2 weeks before was against Crewe and the crowd was 5,506. The match 2 weeks after was against Accrington & the crowd was 4,748.

Talking of awards here is something else we might win this season.... the largest % drop in average home crowd. http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn.htm Click on the England flag & then 2011 season to get all clubs average crowds. It's a couple of matches behind.

Last edited:
The home crowd v Rotherham was 5,533 the home match 2 weeks before was against Crewe and the crowd was 5,506. The match 2 weeks after was against Accrington & the crowd was 4,748.

Talking of awards here is something else we might win this season.... the largest % drop in average home crowd. http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn.htm Click on the England flag & then 2011 season to get all clubs average crowds. It's a couple of matches behind.

Even Wycombe, who are automatic promotion candidates, have suffered a 26.4% drop and the three biggest reductions were in the clubs relegated last year. A theme that seems to generally follow through from the Championship down to League Two. What I find strange is that success and a high position in the League this season, doesn't necessarily ensure that the crowds return.........both Gillingham and Peterborough, who are fighting for promotion in their respective divisions, don't seem to be winning the game of getting bums back on seats.
Perhaps our spectacular fall was aggravated by the events of last Summer but it is interesting to speculate what our attendances would have been, if we were in the mix for an automatic promotion place this season. I suppose the only idea we could have, is if we managed to get on a run and arrived in a play-off place at the death................what would our attendance be against Stevenage and Burton?

Back