• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

People with their head buried in their phone whilst crossing a busy road.

One mum was crossing a busy road with her 4-5 year old child, not holding her hand and texting at the same time. Result equals the child just running into the road and me and another driver having to slam the anchors on. Luckily I could see what was going to happen.

Five minutes later I am turning a corner, again on a busy road and I can see a teenage bloke on a push bike cycling along the path next to me and again texting with ear phones in. I knew exactly what was going to happen, he didn't even look up and just cycled across the road without a care in the world, oblivious to me turning into the road.

So in the space of 5 minutes If I wasn't switched on, I could of knocked down a little child and a teenager. No doubt it would of been all my fault as well.

What is the matter with people these days? Is looking at their phone more important than crossing a road safely?

From our office, we watched in disbelief the other day as a young mum seemed oblivious to the thought that her 2ish year old little boy would run away from her across the road ahead, ran after him still on the phone, leaving her 5ish year old daughter to also run across the road a little after. Reins might not be very fashionable for little ones, but at least you keep control of them!

One mum was crossing a busy road with her 4-5 year old child, not holding her hand and texting at the same time. Result equals the child just running into the road and me and another driver having to slam the anchors on. Luckily I could see what was going to happen.

Five minutes later I am turning a corner, again on a busy road and I can see a teenage bloke on a push bike cycling along the path next to me and again texting with ear phones in. I knew exactly what was going to happen, he didn't even look up and just cycled across the road without a care in the world, oblivious to me turning into the road.

So in the space of 5 minutes If I wasn't switched on, I could of knocked down a little child and a teenager. No doubt it would of been all my fault as well.

What is the matter with people these days? Is looking at their phone more important than crossing a road safely?

Missed out on at least 250 points there son :(

Know exactly what you mean. I get it all day long in London while driving a 32ton tipper. I just love the way they look at you like it's my fault these **** wits step out in front of me while I'm turning left or having the nerve to drive through a green light.

My lovely new trainers not turning up despite paying £5.99 for Saturday delivery. Clueless muppets.

There always seems to be some charidee stand in the centre of MK station, always (wo)manned by pretty young studenty type girls who try to cajole you into parting with your dosh by fluttering their eyes and pulling a mock sad face when you shake your head at them.

Was the same at York a few weeks back....seems a very retrograde and questionable act by this charities in my eyes.

There always seems to be some charidee stand in the centre of MK station, always (wo)manned by pretty young studenty type girls who try to cajole you into parting with your dosh by fluttering their eyes and pulling a mock sad face when you shake your head at them.

Was the same at York a few weeks back....seems a very retrograde and questionable act by this charities in my eyes.

Chuggers are really annoying. The door to door ones are worse though.

Bloke driving very slowly in the middle lane of the M1 this morning. I eventually managed to pull out to overtake him and when I copped a quick glance to my left I saw that he was busy rolling a cig. What a ****.

Might need one myself as some dizzy mare is wandering around the office coughing her lungs up like she's dying of Ebola. :angry:

Mrs Pubey was ill last week and the whole house went into meltdown. Baba was teething too and I was busy at work, so packed them both off to the inlaws for some R&R while I stayed late and work and ate kebabs. We both decided that we can't deal with being ill, along with not having family nearby and an 8 month baby, and so went and got jabs yesterday.

Had a flu jab yesterday, my arm is killing!

Genuine question, which you may or may not know the answer to but...how come some flu vacs are administered by a nasal spray and others by a jab?

My two had flu vacs last weekend and much to my delight - as I had to take them to the clinic - it was just a quick spray up each nostril.

The cost of 3G pitches in South London. Just shy of £60 for an hour on a 5-a-side pitch in Bexleyheath. Scandalous.

Genuine question, which you may or may not know the answer to but...how come some flu vacs are administered by a nasal spray and others by a jab?

My two had flu vacs last weekend and much to my delight - as I had to take them to the clinic - it was just a quick spray up each nostril.
For a youngish adult(!) I don't think there's a great deal of difference. The nasal spray is actually a live vaccine, and is apparently better for kids because it develops antibodies in a slightly different way. It's not used in the elderly because it was mainly developed for kids and there isn't the evidence for it in older people, yet.

It might be something as simple as they only had the nasal spray in stock.

EDIT - just re-read your post. Kids have the nasal spray because apparently it's better, and it's also a bit more pleasant than the jab! It was developed for kids and there's been little reason to research whether it works in adults and the elderly, most of whom can tolerate the injection.

For a youngish adult(!) I don't think there's a great deal of difference. The nasal spray is actually a live vaccine, and is apparently better for kids because it develops antibodies in a slightly different way. It's not used in the elderly because it was mainly developed for kids and there isn't the evidence for it in older people, yet.

It might be something as simple as they only had the nasal spray in stock.

EDIT - just re-read your post. Kids have the nasal spray because apparently it's better, and it's also a bit more pleasant than the jab! It was developed for kids and there's been little reason to research whether it works in adults and the elderly, most of whom can tolerate the injection.

Splendid, cheers!

The spray is very straightforward - I shudder to think how rotten my morning with them would have been had they both got a needle in the arm!

Splendid, cheers!

The spray is very straightforward - I shudder to think how rotten my morning with them would have been had they both got a needle in the arm!

Yer, I remember my mum taking me to the docs for a vaccination and telling me it wouldn't be a needle. Was not happy when the doctor pulled out a syringe....

Mk Jnr is due her second round of MMR very soon.....mummy can deal with that!

5 week months, a total financial nightmare for cabbies.

Christmas/NYE soon. Kerching!

Back