Likes Likes:  1,698
Page 468 of 469 FirstFirst ... 368418458466467468469 LastLast
Results 7,006 to 7,020 of 7027

Thread: What is hacking you off today?

This cook is an anti-semite Uncle Leo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MK Shrimper View Post
    There's plenty I'm sure. Can I be bothered? No!
    Buckinghamshire's answer to Alan Partridge there.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Leo View Post
    Buckinghamshire's answer to Alan Partridge there.
    Smell my cheese.

When writers use the term "woke" to sound cutting edge and hip, when in truth they sound like *****.

Junior Blues Co-ordinator OldBlueLady's Avatar

Oh my goodness, the roads around here today and yesterday! Burst water main at the Weir = total carnage everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by OldBlueLady View Post
    Oh my goodness, the roads around here today and yesterday! Burst water main at the Weir = total carnage everywhere!
    Last night total disaster. Queue on A130 to Sadlers Farm, right back to Howe Green on A12. Live on the A13, been very heavy all day today London bound.
    Hope they have it sorted by Monday, or total carnage again. How long doe's it take to fix a water main?.

Being taken out for a meal in Southend tonight at a place with a midweek set menu.

Three out of seven starters, four out of eight mains and one out of five desserts incur a supplemental charge.

How is that a set menu?
    Ponce.

Perfumed Ponce.

Bloody traffic. Been to visit a friend in Broomfield hospital this afternoon, left there just before 4, got home to Benfleet 20 past 5. Absolutely dreadful and they STILL go on about building more houses around here!

And don't even get me started on parking at Broomfield - makes Southend look positively easy!

Dinner was ***** and i'm still hungry. #toast

Quote Originally Posted by OldBlueLady View Post
    Bloody traffic. Been to visit a friend in Broomfield hospital this afternoon, left there just before 4, got home to Benfleet 20 past 5. Absolutely dreadful and they STILL go on about building more houses around here!

And don't even get me started on parking at Broomfield - makes Southend look positively easy!
    I drive to Ingatestone 3 times a week, getting there usually around 40-45 mins. Returning to Leigh after leaving work at 5.30pm, I keep well away from the A130 & A13 as it's taken up to 1hr 50 mins to get home!!.
    I detour round the country lanes to Stock, then to the back end of Wickford & onto the A129 down to Carpenters Arms Rdbt. Through Rayleigh ( always busy ), keep away from Weir, always congested. Go along Eastwood Rd, up Progress, double back on A127 to St. Michaels Rd then Scrub Lane etc.
    Sounds a horrible journey, but usually get home within 50mins- 1hr 10 mins, and moving most of the way, unlike A130 from Rettendon to Fairglen & Sadlers to Tarpots.
    As only work Mon/Wed/ Thurs can handle that, but couldn't do it now every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Bests boot laces View Post
    I drive to Ingatestone 3 times a week, getting there usually around 40-45 mins. Returning to Leigh after leaving work at 5.30pm, I keep well away from the A130 & A13 as it's taken up to 1hr 50 mins to get home!!.
    I detour round the country lanes to Stock, then to the back end of Wickford & onto the A129 down to Carpenters Arms Rdbt. Through Rayleigh ( always busy ), keep away from Weir, always congested. Go along Eastwood Rd, up Progress, double back on A127 to St. Michaels Rd then Scrub Lane etc.
    Sounds a horrible journey, but usually get home within 50mins- 1hr 10 mins, and moving most of the way, unlike A130 from Rettendon to Fairglen & Sadlers to Tarpots.
    As only work Mon/Wed/ Thurs can handle that, but couldn't do it now every day.
    We came back through Howe Green then down the old A130 as they were already saying on the traffic reports that the Wickford interchange down to Fairglen was stop start. Proved right as we could see a long line of brake lights to the south of the junction. Fairglen to Sadlers was fine and even Sadlers to Tarpots wasn't too bad. The bit from New Hall to the A12 was appalling though.

Retired Layabout Rootshallbloke's Avatar

Renewing my photocard driving licence. Do it on line? yeah, good idea. Valid passport?...........bollox, it's expired in May 17 and I hadn't realised. Renewal cost for passport - £72, Renewal cost for driving licence £21.50 if you do it via the Post Office because you don't have a passport. Oh, and another £10 for Snappy Snaps to do my new mug shot for passport and licence. Today has not started well!!
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?

Certified Senior Citizen Tangled up in Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rootshallbloke View Post
    Renewing my photocard driving licence. Do it on line? yeah, good idea. Valid passport?...........bollox, it's expired in May 17 and I hadn't realised. Renewal cost for passport - £72, Renewal cost for driving licence £21.50 if you do it via the Post Office because you don't have a passport. Oh, and another £10 for Snappy Snaps to do my new mug shot for passport and licence. Today has not started well!!
    Sounds like you need to go abroad more often.
    "We know no spectacle so ridiculous as the British public in one of its periodical fits of morality."

Thomas Babington Macaulay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangled up in Blue View Post
    Sounds like you need to go abroad more often.
    Is that an offer Barna?

Certified Senior Citizen Tangled up in Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MK Shrimper View Post
    Is that an offer Barna?
    Ha! We have a couple of spare rooms that I could probably persuade Mrs Tangled to spruce up.
    "We know no spectacle so ridiculous as the British public in one of its periodical fits of morality."

Thomas Babington Macaulay.

Not hacking off, but sad. The closure of Tropical Wings in December.