• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

People still shop throughout the year it’s more the Friday and Saturday nights which take a hit as a lot of people have no money left after Xmas. Personally I just start earlier on a Friday and Saturday and finish earlier. I also work early Sunday mornings to make up for any potential loss of earnings.

have you seen this study? https://www.cmu.edu/dietrich/sds/docs/loewenstein/NYCCabdrivers.pdf

essentially, cab drivers in New York set a daily limit and then stop working once that's been reached. if however, they had carried on working when demand was high, and when demand is low on another day, leave early, they'd make considerably more money. However, this is counter-intuitive. As a cab driver, you want to make your daily target and just wait longer - but sometimes the demand isn't there - if you actually work longer when the demand is there then you'd make more money for the same hours. Obviously this is New York, but it's interesting behavioral economics.

Stub Hub

Just found out they don't pay you for tickets until after the event for which you sold tickets.

I am not desperate for the money but it seems rather unreasonable.

Unless you are selling them to make additional ££ (which IMO is wrong) then should use Twickets, receive money as soon as someone has brought them.

Feel absolutely crap, did manage work yesterday, thankfully I have today off.

My youngest had it a few weeks back, had just got over it, and is now ill again. He kept the whole house up last night with his coughing, poor thing. He missed a whole load of his after school activities at the end of last term and is now set to do the same this week.

He was still up and dressed for school this morning though, so well done him.

My youngest had it a few weeks back, had just got over it, and is now ill again. He kept the whole house up last night with his coughing, poor thing. He missed a whole load of his after school activities at the end of last term and is now set to do the same this week.

He was still up and dressed for school this morning though, so well done him.

It's really odd to have a virus that re-occurs quite so much - there's lots of people finding it happening to them.

The same old stuff. Driving past Victory Sports ground and stopped at the lights ; there were a bunch of dogs and two women talking, a dog has a pooh in a goal mouth AND did they clear it up? Not a back glance at it! Grrr.

The same old stuff. Driving past Victory Sports ground and stopped at the lights ; there were a bunch of dogs and two women talking, a dog has a pooh in a goal mouth AND did they clear it up? Not a back glance at it! Grrr.

Sunday morning I was brushing my teeth whilst idly looking out the bedroom window. I saw a guy walking a dog, the dog stopped to do its business. I watched to see what the guy did. To his credit he pulled out a bag and scooped it all (well most of it) up. As he walked passed our house on the other side of the road, he spotted our wheelie bin in the front drive and crossed the road towards it. At that point I opened the window and asked him politely not to use our bin. Again, to his credit he agreed and walked off. (I also checked the CCTV later on to make sure he didn't come back!)

But, why do people think it's ok to use other peoples' bins for their dog pooh? We've actually had people use one of our recycling bins for the same purpose, and then the bin men have refused to collect because of contamination.

People say that it is a small minority of people who ruin it for others but there are so many horrible scummy people out there who are rude and violent. It seems to be getting worse as well.

Probably all West Ham fans

'Hacked off' probably a bit strong, but a colleague in her early 20s just asked me about airport parking because "that's a dad thing, right?"

I laughed, but cried a bit inside too.

All this rubbish about people making comments 397 years ago being told off for how inappropriate they are. :facepalm:

With you on that, people trying to apply today's 'morals' & 'values' to events that occurred decades ago really naffs me off.

"Ooh Terry Nutkins took me to a KFC in 1983 & spent all evening drooling over my breasts, thighs & bucket..." (Obviously of the chicken variety...):omg:

With you on that, people trying to apply today's 'morals' & 'values' to events that occurred decades ago really naffs me off.

"Ooh Terry Nutkins took me to a KFC in 1983 & spent all evening drooling over my breasts, thighs & bucket..." (Obviously of the chicken variety...):omg:

I really fancy a Zinger meal from KFC now. Damn.

Back