• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My plumber on Tuesday - "Yeah, should be round first thing on Thursday".

He turned up at a quarter past two.

****** who did a runner from hubby last night on a £35 fare to Chelmsford :angry:

Police are involved, pick up was from a local house and the phone number was "rung back" for booking. The net will be closing.

****** who did a runner from hubby last night on a £35 fare to Chelmsford :angry:

Police are involved, pick up was from a local house and the phone number was "rung back" for booking. The net will be closing.

I hope it does get resolved properly and quickly. I would (in your husband's situation) only accept the fare repaid and the thief getting a penalty fine or court hearing; the idea of a caution/let off really rankles as this appears a deliberate wanton act.
I would advise also keeping involved every few days (at least) with the Police as to how it is progressing, they are so busy that things easily slide down the list of things to be done if no-one is showing any interest.:sad:

I hope it does get resolved properly and quickly. I would (in your husband's situation) only accept the fare repaid and the thief getting a penalty fine or court hearing; the idea of a caution/let off really rankles as this appears a deliberate wanton act.
I would advise also keeping involved every few days (at least) with the Police as to how it is progressing, they are so busy that things easily slide down the list of things to be done if no-one is showing any interest.:sad:

Normally on a fare like that, they'd ask for payment up front but, as this was actually from a private address and the phone was "rung back", policy is not to do so. I think they need to look at that. He won't let it drop, can't afford to :sad:

Finding out the BT Sports have the rights to the Ashes series meaning about 9 people will be able to watch it and I'll have to listen to Fecking Jonathan Agnew - the pompous twit.

Yeah, that has royally P1$$ed me off also.

I thought sports competitions considered some sort of "national importance" were allowed to be free to air, as well as subscriptions. ie international football & rugby matches, Olympics, Wimbledon etc? Well, if that is the case, IMO The Ashes certainly falls into that category.

I don't know if it helps, but if you or anyone in your household has a contract with EE, you can get 3 months free viewing of all BT Sports channels (through the BT Sports App on your phone or tablet). Which would obviously cover all the Ashes games, as well as the bonus of watching B'Orient getting spanked week in week out. :smile:

I just got a text message about it from EE this morning.

More details here: http://ee.co.uk/why-ee/bt-sport

Anyway, Hope this helps...Like you said, it's either this or listening to Jonathon Agnew.

********s on Twitter. It's not me it's getting to - it's the old man, who just wants to get hold of the brave little boys and teach them some manners!

Yeah, that has royally P1$$ed me off also.

I thought sports competitions considered some sort of "national importance" were allowed to be free to air, as well as subscriptions. ie international football & rugby matches, Olympics, Wimbledon etc? Well, if that is the case, IMO The Ashes certainly falls into that category.

I don't know if it helps, but if you or anyone in your household has a contract with EE, you can get 3 months free viewing of all BT Sports channels (through the BT Sports App on your phone or tablet). Which would obviously cover all the Ashes games, as well as the bonus of watching B'Orient getting spanked week in week out. :smile:

I just got a text message about it from EE this morning.

More details here: http://ee.co.uk/why-ee/bt-sport

Anyway, Hope this helps...Like you said, it's either this or listening to Jonathon Agnew.

Home test matches use to be.

Giles Clarke lobbied Parliament to get the law changed. He lied and said that they'd still show at least one match a year on terrestrial.

After a couple of years when one test match a series was shown on C4, he quietly ditched that promise and put it exclusively on Sky, irreparably damaging the game.

Away test matches have never been live on terrestrial as far as I'm aware. I don't often give Murdoch credit, but he does deserve it for televising away tours.

As an EE customer I will be checking out that link... if I can get it to work!

Home test matches use to be.

Giles Clarke lobbied Parliament to get the law changed. He lied and said that they'd still show at least one match a year on terrestrial.

After a couple of years when one test match a series was shown on C4, he quietly ditched that promise and put it exclusively on Sky, irreparably damaging the game.

Away test matches have never been live on terrestrial as far as I'm aware. I don't often give Murdoch credit, but he does deserve it for televising away tours.

As an EE customer I will be checking out that link... if I can get it to work!

Be aware, you can only watch it on your phone! I signed up for my 3 month trial ages ago, and ditched it after a couple of weeks.

I thought I'd be able to use my PC and/or my Samsung tablet as well. How wrong I was.

Thats strange, it mentions that it can be used on a tablet, as long is it supports "Android 4.3 / Windows 10 or ios 8" operating systems.

Maybe your samsung tablet doesn't support the above operating systems.

Thats strange, it mentions that it can be used on a tablet, as long is it supports "Android 4.3 / Windows 10 or ios 8" operating systems.

Maybe your samsung tablet doesn't support the above operating systems.

It does support Android 4.3. The error message I got said that it wasn't a phone. Maybe they've changed things recently. Possibly because their conversion rates were so low what with people being ****ed off that they could only use their phone even if that was only for the free trial.

Perhaps it was the "excitment" of the match last night, but I couldn't get to sleep until 2:00am ish...and up at 6. I've already had one argument with the missus and I've got a dull 2hr meeting to look forward to.

FML.

Back