• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My laptop sounding like a jet engine on take off - nothing major running and the fan is running ten to the dozen for some reason.

The weather, nearly June and this morning it's blowing a gale and ****ing down with rain. Bloody Tory Government!

I'm on a roll, Michael Gove on Breakfast TV. He can't help his looks, but I just want to punch him when he talks.

It's ok in that neck of the woods - East/West split. It really is dog poo awful weather here today!

I spent all of yesterday cleaning my windows & conservatory, including it's roof.
A job well done I thought..

Woken up today & now there's grit, dirt & all manner of other **** over the whole lot after all the rain we've had.

Teach me to check the forecast next time :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
I spent all of yesterday cleaning my windows & conservatory, including it's roof.
A job well done I thought..

Woken up today & now there's grit, dirt & all manner of other **** over the whole lot after all the rain we've had.

Teach me to check the forecast next time :angry:

Speaking of the weather, my building just had an evacuation because a fire alarm went off. After five or so minutes of cozying three or four to an umbrella, we were told it went off by accident. Gah.

Solicitors dragging their feet on the house move. :angry: Want to complete by 20th June but I can't see that happening.

My laptop sounding like a jet engine on take off - nothing major running and the fan is running ten to the dozen for some reason.
had the same problem with our PC recently, after making sure the fan wasn't blocked I checked task manager and there were a whole load of programs running in the background on start up, if not already done so check task manager / start up tab, and also the performance tabs. If there are a load of programs using memory space in start up or CPU performance is running at near capacity it may be the cause of the fans going nuts?

I used this link; http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/desktop-pc/how-speed-up-windows-image-3502902/
which did help somewhat in reducing the background cr@p and unwanted programs. I removed unwanted stuff like old McAfee programs, which I'd replaced etc. The fans have calmed down, however my kids often load tons of gaming stuff which canes it...

I'm not an IT person, so if anyone knows any better feel free to interject :-)

Solicitors dragging their feet on the house move. :angry: Want to complete by 20th June but I can't see that happening.

I feel your pain. Our buyer & us are ready to exchange contracts but the solicitors acting for the people we are buying from has yet to get the vendor to sign the draft contracts. There's only 3 parties in the whole chain ffs.
Good Luck with your move, think positive & hope it's all done soon.

Ricky Gervais knowing more about the psychological traits of 26 stone primates than highly trained and professional zoologists. Do the man's talents know any bounds?

Ricky Gervais knowing more about the psychological traits of 26 stone primates than highly trained and professional zoologists. Do the man's talents know any bounds?

Ha! I came into this thread to post 'armchair gorilla experts' in general

Ha! I came into this thread to post 'armchair gorilla experts' in general

Yep, suddenly everyone is an expert on what a 400 pound silverback is going to do with a 4 year old boy who falls into his pit!

Yep, suddenly everyone is an expert on what a 400 pound silverback is going to do with a 4 year old boy who falls into his pit!

Probably not as dangerous as a 400 pound Scottish lesbian couple. Got some more work for zoo sniper if he fancies it.

If the gorilla hadn't got shot the police would probably have taken it in for questioning as part of Operation Yewtree

Think I've been caught speeding on the A14, didn't spot the police camera van and wasn't sure what speed I was doing. Will only be 75/80 in a 70, will have to wait and see now!

Back