• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

People wondering why, unlike Scandanavia & Switzerland, we don't have an army of snow ploughs to deal with the piddly bit of snow that we get. #youknowhoyouare :whistling:

I bet they are the sort of people who don't like paying for public services yet complain about the NHS.

Having to hack a lump of ice the size of Larsen B off my wife's car windscreen this morning. And then getting my car stuck in the ice on the pavement for a good ten minutes. Great start to the day.

No free stuff at the station for over a month and this morning I get handed two Nutella B-Ready bars.

Saving them for the kids. Nutella is vile. It tastes like the centre of really **** chocolates such as Cadburys Roses.

No free stuff at the station for over a month and this morning I get handed two Nutella B-Ready bars.

Saving them for the kids. Nutella is vile. It tastes like the centre of really **** chocolates such as Cadburys Roses.

Hey I'll have them. Nutella is heavenly. :thumbsup:

Being sat behind two giants at MK Jnr's school nativity play and people who'd rather watch it via the medium of their mobile phone that with their eyes.

Being sat behind two giants at MK Jnr's school nativity play and people who'd rather watch it via the medium of their mobile phone that with their eyes.
What a shame, children need to see their parents' faces too. Doesn't the school have rules about this? From memory this is a safeguarding issue - our school used to arrange for it to be recorded themselves and then sell it for a nominal figure to cover costs to parents. Much better and you could suggest it?

What a shame, children need to see their parents' faces too. Doesn't the school have rules about this? From memory this is a safeguarding issue - our school used to arrange for it to be recorded themselves and then sell it for a nominal figure to cover costs to parents. Much better and you could suggest it?

That doesn't imply it's a safeguarding issue. If it was no-one would be recording it.

If the school is controlling it, they can make sure any children who need to, have their faces obscured.

Unlikely though. I'm pretty sure the school my kids go to allow parents to video as well, so I'm not sure it's a safeguarding issue.

Also the bane of anyone going to a live music show these days.What is wrong with these people? :cricko:

(Going to see Barbara Hendricks at the Palau doing a Blues show tomorrow night.If anyone there tries it on near me, think I'll confiscate their camera).:smile:

The rule is, that you can take what you like for personal use but no sharing on social meedja (though I have no idea how you'd police that). There was an official photographer as well. Mrs MK got a few when young 'un was on stage.

Also - icier out there today than ever, and I thought I'd cycle in. Some of the MK cycling redways are like ice rinks!

Unlikely though. I'm pretty sure the school my kids go to allow parents to video as well, so I'm not sure it's a safeguarding issue.

Believe you me, that's what it is. As MK says, schools do often say "personal use, but not to be shared on social media", but that can't be enforced.

Believe you me, that's what it is. As MK says, schools do often say "personal use, but not to be shared on social media", but that can't be enforced.

Sorry, I don't believe you...yet. If it was a safeguarding issue the school shouldn't be filming it either. Funnily enough I've booked myself onto a safeguarding course in a few months time as I'm now a parent governor of my kids' school. I'll bring it up on the course.

Sorry, I don't believe you...yet. If it was a safeguarding issue the school shouldn't be filming it either. Funnily enough I've booked myself onto a safeguarding course in a few months time as I'm now a parent governor of my kids' school. I'll bring it up on the course.

Ok, well, as a former Chair of Governors, as well as working in schools I can assure you it is - or it certainly WAS. When I was working in schools, we've had children with protection orders where they couldn't have their faces shown. It was easier then and must be a total nightmare now. Do you tell those children they can't take part "just in case" their face gets out there and lets whoever it is that shouldn't know where they are EXACTLY where they go to school? Honestly, it's bad enough dealing with young JW children who aren't allowed to take part in Christmas activities without having to justify to a child that's had a pretty rough start in life that they can't.

Last edited:
Ok, well, as a former Chair of Governors, as well as working in schools I can assure you it is. When I was working in schools, we've had children with protection orders where they couldn't have their faces shown. It was easier then and must be a total nightmare now. Do you tell those children they can't take part "just in case" their face gets out there and lets whoever it is that shouldn't know where they are EXACTLY where they go to school? Honestly, it's bad enough dealing with young JW children who aren't allowed to take part in Christmas activities without having to justify to a child that's had a pretty rough start in life that they can't.

Then the school shouldn't be filming it either. Obscuring faces isn't really good enough since the original will still exist.

Are you therefore saying that every school that allows filming is wrong? I suspect this really comes down to interpretation. Some schools (such as yours) are more cautious than others. As I said, I'll reserve judgement until I've attended the course, and therefore know EXACTLY what the guidelines/rules say. Forgive me for preferring to do that than take one person's interpretation as gospel.

Then the school shouldn't be filming it either. Obscuring faces isn't really good enough since the original will still exist.

Are you therefore saying that every school that allows filming is wrong? I suspect this really comes down to interpretation. Some schools (such as yours) are more cautious than others. As I said, I'll reserve judgement until I've attended the course, and therefore know EXACTLY what the guidelines/rules say. Forgive me for preferring to do that than take one person's interpretation as gospel.

That's your right. I'd done Level 2 Safeguarding Training, which is the same as Head Teachers. I've certainly known parents asked not to take video footage of whole class events - and it's far better and less daunting for children to see people's faces rather than a host of cameras.

Some schools maybe learn by bitter experience, some of what you're party to - as I was - is really scary stuff.

Back