• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's not like The Verve have a particularly strong back catalogue themselves though is it?

I disagree. My opinion of course, but Northern Soul is great (History/This is Music absolute stone-cold classics), Urban Hymns is one of the greatest albums ever made - I still play it regularly.

Do you pay a licence fee to watch the BBC?

It's quite easy to watch it free online and live here.http://www.filmon.com/group/uk-live-tv I assume this service is perfectly legal,otherwise I imagine it would have been closed down by now.

I also pay a small monthly fee for the catch up service.No idea whether that includes a licence fee or not.

It's quite easy to watch it free online and live here.http://www.filmon.com/group/uk-live-tv I assume this service is perfectly legal,otherwise I imagine it would have been closed down by now.

I also pay a small monthly fee for the catch up service.No idea whether that includes a licence fee or not.

From what I see, FilmOn looks in a bit of a grey area legally. I thought the BBC carried adverts overseas?

Let's hope the forecast changes. That will be such a shame.

As for me, I've booked next week off work to do some flying. I've booked the plane for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (I booked it a few weeks back). Currently the weather is forecast is very changeable for those days, so I might end up being grounded.

Might be one for another thread but where do you go when you go flying? Do you transport people around or just fly round in circles? Is the fun in taking off and landing?

I thought you were against people avoiding tax by being overseas? Or were at least against them being hypocritical about complaining that people weren't paying their fair share.

Sitting in a bar in HK. Really enjoyed the Man U match. The pub was rammed and a good part atmosphere. Fast forward to the Man City game and the MC HK Supporters club have rolled up. All locals, all babbling away in Cantonese and from what I can understand completely clueless about football. I'd wager none of them could point to Manchester on an Emglish map. Plenty of other bars to watch at though so I'm headed out.

Sitting in a bar in HK. Really enjoyed the Man U match. The pub was rammed and a good part atmosphere. Fast forward to the Man City game and the MC HK Supporters club have rolled up. All locals, all babbling away in Cantonese and from what I can understand completely clueless about football. I'd wager none of them could point to Manchester on an Emglish map. Plenty of other bars to watch at though so I'm headed out.

You sir are a football racist.

Watching BBC abroad - why would you not? BBC has world service radio and TV and I imagine that the only reason that is limited is the expense involved in making all of their input available. I believe the world service was set up to advertise Britain and our 'values' so if you find places to watch extra bits then fill your boots.

Watching BBC abroad - why would you not? BBC has world service radio and TV and I imagine that the only reason that is limited is the expense involved in making all of their input available. I believe the world service was set up to advertise Britain and our 'values' so if you find places to watch extra bits then fill your boots.

Thanks for your blessing.

Back