• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just the thought of The A127 later and all points of entry to Rayleigh being even more gridlocked than ever thanks to The Fairway works. Hope SUFC have informed Oxford United to allow plenty of time next Tuesday.

Less, obviously. Well done & good luck to the 10% though. Hope they prosper academically and fly.

An educational system which prioritises only the top 10% of it's school age population is doomed to failure.

Maybe they could get a job at The Guardian or The BBC?

As you well know,a private school education seem to be the best route to a job there.

No problem with that, as long as private schools have their charitable status withdrawn.

An educational system which prioritises only the top 10% of it's school age population is doomed to failure.

As you well know,a private school education seem to be the best route to a job there.

No problem with that, as long as private schools have their charitable status withdrawn.

If they select their staff on the basis of private education maybe they should stop dictating what is best for everyone else's children

After just witnessing a mother too busy to interract with her child (he wanted attention, she was playing a game on her phone) I'm considering unplugging from the matrix for a day on 2nd October. No phone, no email, no internet, no TV, DVD etc. Our lives have become too dependent on technology. I will find this quite easy. Can other Zoners say the same?

30 years ago I would have agreed with you. Trouble is the education system has become so soft in the interests of equality that examinations are easier and college or university attendance is almost seen as a right not something to aspire too through results. Why anyone would want to go to university and begin working life with debts baffles me though.

30 years ago I would have agreed with you. Trouble is the education system has become so soft in the interests of equality that examinations are easier and college or university attendance is almost seen as a right not something to aspire too through results. Why anyone would want to go to university and begin working life with debts baffles me though.

I certainly wouldn't have been able to study for a degree, (nor would my two younger brothers I imagine), unless our tuition fees had been free and we'd also received a generous maintainance grant.

Not so sure that luck had that much to do with it, (for myself or my brothers).

Unless,of course,you count it lucky to have reached University age, well before Blair's government introduced tuition fees and phased out maintenance grants for loans.

There you go. Pity my kids wont get the same oppotunity.

Dodged a bullet not going to Northampton, in having to do Ikea but I spent a frustrating 4 hours putting together a ****ing bed where holes wouldn't line up. :angry: Flat pack mofos. :angry:

Radio 5, 606, it used to be good, then it used to be ok, now it is *****; just chat about the Mancs and Rooney, the BIG clubs and that is all; plus the odd knob caller who talks about games he watches on TV.

Back