• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

In regards to the above, I feel that those Facebook "missing kids" posts are sometimes dubious and I never share them.

Mobile phones being held in front of a user's face while walking. I was walking down Leigh Broadway this morning and was twice bumped into by phone in front of face women. The first one kept going giving me a nudge on the move. The second told me I should look where I was going. Yeah, **** you too ladies.

The rule is, that you can take what you like for personal use but no sharing on social meedja (though I have no idea how you'd police that). There was an official photographer as well. Mrs MK got a few when young 'un was on stage.

Yes, we had exactly the same at our one today. Apparently Herts CC are particularly hot on it this year.

All this talk of safeguarding reminds me that I'm on a course in February. That'll be a fun Tuesday evening.

Yes, we had exactly the same at our one today. Apparently Herts CC are particularly hot on it this year.

All this talk of safeguarding reminds me that I'm on a course in February. That'll be a fun Tuesday evening.

I always found the courses most interesting, you wait till you hear the story (usually near the end) of a little boy that grew up in abusive household, what he endured and who he became.

And all this school talk reminded me of an online course - 'safer recruitment for schools' that I'm supposed to do.

Just fired it up - four bloody hours!

I always found the courses most interesting, you wait till you hear the story (usually near the end) of a little boy that grew up in abusive household, what he endured and who he became.

A lot depends on the person delivering it be fair. The 'introduction to governing' course I attended was excellent, as was one on exclusions. Some of the data ones though... :stunned:

And all this school talk reminded me of an online course - 'safer recruitment for schools' that I'm supposed to do.

Just fired it up - four bloody hours!
Yep, remember doing that one too! Being a Governor is a heck of a commitment and a real responsibility.

Yep, remember doing that one too! Being a Governor is a heck of a commitment and a real responsibility.

All worth it when we get to spend a full day in school though - that's a real highlight of the year. I loved having school dinner with my daughter and her pals :smile:

All worth it when we get to spend a full day in school though - that's a real highlight of the year. I loved having school dinner with my daughter and her pals :smile:

At our local schools, you're allowed to do this as an "ordinary" parent, as long as you apply. So, lots of people go in for their child's birthday, for example. There's obviously a limit on how many parents they can have, but it is something that goes down really well with adults and children alike. They even did it back when my youngest was in school!

Having to do an on-line Diversion & Inclusion course. I'm a card-carrying pantywaist snowflake Guardian reading leftie and it was ****ing painful.

Harry & Megs to tie the knot on the 19th May. It's a Saturday.

Selfish, selfish Royals. :angry:

Not to mention it's FA Cup Final day....so least that's one hurdle we don't have to cross.

2 Southend firefighters confined to duties for having a bit of festive fun with children and clingfilm, even the parents didn’t have an issue. After Brexit perhaps we push to get all the wooly sue me and tread on eggshells culture imported from our friends across the pond kicked into touch.

Back