• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Commissioned a spot of artwork recently. And now it is complete.

The glorious weather! End of September and it's bee-yoo-t-i-full! :smile:

Funnily enough, the end of September always seems to have lovely weather. My niece's birthday was yesterday (happy birthday Florence!) and every year for six years in a row now, she's had lovely weather for her birthday.

Last knockings of summer before autumn properly arrives. Love it!

Funnily enough, the end of September always seems to have lovely weather. My niece's birthday was yesterday (happy birthday Florence!) and every year for six years in a row now, she's had lovely weather for her birthday.

Last knockings of summer before autumn properly arrives. Love it!

Being the pedant that I am I feel it is important to point out that we're already in autumn. The sun moved over the celestial equator to the southern hemisphere last Wednesday.

New lunchtime run record of 8.5km today :smile: Thankfully the boss is on leave as I had a 90 min lunch hour.

I've decided to re-introduce myself to tennis. I haven't played for about 20 years so I spoke to the coach at the local tennis club (where a number of my friends are members) and had a knock up with him last Thursday. It went surprisingly well, and I ended up joining in a cardio-tennis session for an hour and a half, which left me blowing out my arse. All the work I do in the gym is endurance based, not short sharp sprints...

Anyway, after that I've got the bug again, so decided I needed to buy some tennis gear. I don't need a racket because mine is still pretty good even if it is 20 years old. I do, however, need a t-shirt and shorts so I went on the Addidas website and ordered one of each. I then saw a box that said "Enter promo code", so I searched the internet and found a code that gave me 10% off the more expensive of the 2 items.

That paid for the postage and packing. Happy days!

Absolutely. It's going to cause scenes at the self-service checkouts though.

I don't envy shop staff this week.

My Mum works at Debenhams in Lakeside and they've had a notice by the till now for some weeks letting customers know about the forthcoming charge. A couple of weeks ago, some woman lost her rag and insisted to speak to the manager even though (a) the charge wasn't implemented at the time and (b) it's nothing to do with Debenhams anyway, it's the law!

I'm very proud of my fetching Super Bowl bag for life that my pal brought back from Phoenix earlier this year. I cut quite a dash strolling down to Chalk Farm Safeway.

High time we brought in the plastic bag tax. It is a good thing.

It's slightly cheaper in HK at 50 cents (4.5p) but compulsory and no one complains. If I new how to safely add my own pictures on here I would show people the plastic damage washed up on my local beach in HK but also on the otherwise beautiful island paradise I visited in Indonesia last year. HK is getting greener. I'm pleased to say recycling is growing even in the 3-1/2 years I've been here and even without that people use bins and ashtrays as the norm not the exception

Huge shout out for Double J's on the Euston Road. Just had a cheeseburger to die for and excellent coffee as well. None of your processed rubbish here. Opposite the Santander building.

Huge shout out for Double J's on the Euston Road. Just had a cheeseburger to die for and excellent coffee as well. None of your processed rubbish here. Opposite the Santander building.

YES!

Used to work near there and their bacon rolls are (a) excellent and (b) very reasonably priced considering the location. Miss that place when I'm a bit hungover on my way to work...

Parked up in Artichoke Hill waiting to get on site and a police officer wanders over. He needs to set up a HGV check bay and politely asks me to move back up the road a bit. I take full advantage and nip off for a coffee and when I return he is crawling all over a Norbert Dentressangle lorry. Even gave me a friendly nod. The Norbert driver, surprisingly, didn't.

Back