• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

While walking across the car park before the game from the area of the shop I was behind 4 mouthy Col Ewe teenagers who were ffing and ccing about how **** The Hall is and other unpleasantries.
I said to them "you want the North Bank mate?"
Shocked, gobby lad says "yeah why?" in a not too friendly way but also then nervous and not swearing.
I say " you won't get to it this way" etc and give them pleasant, friendly directions and wish them a good game.
They mumbled their thanks and went off the right way much quieter.

These people are out there, they walk amongst us etc BUT these lads had brains that just needed engaging and they became normal.............at least for a few moments............it made me smile.

Last edited by a moderator:
image.jpg

Hopefully this has worked and Firestorm before you say it yes I know the exhaust needs changing. :winking:

Has it got those little wheels at the back so you dont fall off?
Southend win
The not so mighty Berrichonne won
And Buma left me some nice rep so al in all a good weekend.

No but I'm 5ft 7 so I should probably consider getting some.

Relaxing in front of my fire with a very hoarse voice after todays extremely satisfying result, got a large Jack Daniels & coke on the go plus the curry has just arrived.
The mrs is also being unusually friendly towards me, life doesn't get much better than this.

Cheers & good health to you my fellow Shrimpers, don't forget Goal rush is on C5 at 10pm.

Spent the day at a Comic Con in Cheltenham. Great loot nabbed, great day out, come home to find a near perfect day in the sport (sans the idiot today).

Bloody great Saturday, despite the ***** weather.

Bike gets delivered today, I'm like a kid at Christmas.

I love (but not clicking on) the clickbait on certain dubious websites. Look at the secrets the rich are hiding! Look these very beautiful Russian women are single! Look, you can be pumped up to the size of the Hulk!

Yeah right! :hilarious:

Thought about starting a thread for this, but it probably doesn't warrant it.

So I do twitter quite a lot, and my twitter is hugely geared to following Southend Utd fans and news. Anyway, over the past year or so, things have been pretty s**t for me, and sometimes I tweet a bit about what’s going on, probably to vent more than anything. I never write anything really personal and expect everything I tweet to just vanish into the ether. But the amount of offers of help and assistance and general kindness, and even just funny banter, that I’ve received from fellow Southend fans who I’ve probably never even seen, let alone met, has been touching to say the least.

I’ve no idea whether or not other football clubs fans are like this, and quite frankly I don’t care, Southend is the only club for me, and times like this just make me more certain than ever that I picked the right club to go to support.

So thank you, Southend Fans, whoever you may be, you are making me happy today.

Thought about starting a thread for this, but it probably doesn't warrant it.

So I do twitter quite a lot, and my twitter is hugely geared to following Southend Utd fans and news. Anyway, over the past year or so, things have been pretty s**t for me, and sometimes I tweet a bit about what’s going on, probably to vent more than anything. I never write anything really personal and expect everything I tweet to just vanish into the ether. But the amount of offers of help and assistance and general kindness, and even just funny banter, that I’ve received from fellow Southend fans who I’ve probably never even seen, let alone met, has been touching to say the least.

I’ve no idea whether or not other football clubs fans are like this, and quite frankly I don’t care, Southend is the only club for me, and times like this just make me more certain than ever that I picked the right club to go to support.

So thank you, Southend Fans, whoever you may be, you are making me happy today.

That's good to hear mate. Bet you're glad you didn't defect to Braintree now like you threatened a while back. Mind you, you would be able to watch Colchester next season. Some things don't happen for a reason you know!

Finished my first short story for submission last night. Well, at about half two this morning, but still. Gonna leave it a day or so before going in for a fresh edit, got some reviews to write first.

Back