• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

A fish tank I was going to give away is now selling for £51 on Ebay, and there's 24 watchers. :thumbsup:

Sorry Ricey (and the fish who are now in fishy heaven).

That’s ok mate, with my posting I have a smaller house now so wouldn’t have the space. I may even have to get rid of my fish and tank. :sad:

That’s ok mate, with my posting I have a smaller house now so wouldn’t have the space. I may even have to get rid of my fish and tank. :sad:

I truly has amazed me that it's going to sell. I posted in a fish forum, but no one responded and I was prepared to give it away on Freecycle so it's a pleasant surprise.

I truly has amazed me that it's going to sell. I posted in a fish forum, but no one responded and I was prepared to give it away on Freecycle so it's a pleasant surprise.

On the eBay subject and sorry to do a Barna... some bloke has bought my set of 2 piece leathers. Banged it on eBay rather than bin it as the zip is broken on the jacket. It sold last Sunday (not the one just gone). He paid via PayPal straight away and I messaged him, didn’t hear anything for 3 days message every day then he messaged to say he would collect. Has not turned up 3 times so far! I have the money just want the space! I can’t complain but I don’t want to spend the money or take it out of my PayPal until the leathers have gone. Very odd!

My dentist has done a superb job of restoring my back tooth after the filing droped out last week.:thumbsup: £59.10 for a filling on the NHS now!!!:thumbdown:

On the eBay subject and sorry to do a Barna... some bloke has bought my set of 2 piece leathers. Banged it on eBay rather than bin it as the zip is broken on the jacket. It sold last Sunday (not the one just gone). He paid via PayPal straight away and I messaged him, didn’t hear anything for 3 days message every day then he messaged to say he would collect. Has not turned up 3 times so far! I have the money just want the space! I can’t complain but I don’t want to spend the money or take it out of my PayPal until the leathers have gone. Very odd!

Maybe he wants you to 'break them in' a bit more before taking collection?

Day off today, heading up to Borough Market for an early lunch then going to watch a celebrity recording of The Chase. Should be a good day hopefully.

A fish tank I was going to give away is now selling for £51 on Ebay, and there's 24 watchers. :thumbsup:

Sorry Ricey (and the fish who are now in fishy heaven).

And sold to a bloke who works for NR and works for one of my old colleagues. Small world!

Went to my new GP for the 1st time this morning and how refreshing it was to have one that seemed to know what he was doing rather than just getting you out the door ASAP.

Did enjoy our day out yesterday even if the organisational skills of the team at the London Studios was a bit shambolic. Nice pint in The Globe at Borough Market, walk along the Thames in the sunshine. A very funny recording of The Chase (who knew Carol Decker of T'pau had such a filthy mouth?!!!:stunned: ) with my favourite Chaser, The Governess, and then a KFC at home.

A regime of exercise and food/drink moderation have seen me dip below 15st for the first time in a few years.

Did enjoy our day out yesterday even if the organisational skills of the team at the London Studios was a bit shambolic. Nice pint in The Globe at Borough Market, walk along the Thames in the sunshine. A very funny recording of The Chase (who knew Carol Decker of T'pau had such a filthy mouth?!!!:stunned: ) with my favourite Chaser, The Governess, and then a KFC at home.
When I go to Borough Market I always have a bubble and squeak sandwich at Marias café , lovely .:smile:

MK Jnr securing a place in the Rainbow Brownies though she's a bit disapointed it's not the Cubs as apparantly they're more active.

MK Jnr securing a place in the Rainbow Brownies though she's a bit disapointed it's not the Cubs as apparantly they're more active.

One of my nieces (who has an elder brother in the Cubs) went for Cubs after finishing Rainbows as she thought it seemed like much more fun in terms of action etc.

My daughter is in Brownies and loves it, but from what I've seen so far (one term) they're more likely to do arts and crafts than zipwiring or fire building. I'd like to think that will change as there is no reason why girls shouldn't do the same activities as the boys.

One of my nieces (who has an elder brother in the Cubs) went for Cubs after finishing Rainbows as she thought it seemed like much more fun in terms of action etc.

My daughter is in Brownies and loves it, but from what I've seen so far (one term) they're more likely to do arts and crafts than zipwiring or fire building. I'd like to think that will change as there is no reason why girls shouldn't do the same activities as the boys.

I had a quick look, and it does look fairly active, though I don't know where she gets the idea she's Bear Gryls from. I think she may decieving herself somewhat!

I had a quick look, and it does look fairly active, though I don't know where she gets the idea she's Bear Gryls from. I think she may decieving herself somewhat!

One thing I will say for the Brownies...little girls are so much nicer than little boys.

When my daughter formally became a member of her group (can't remember what the ceremony is called!) all the other girls were very attentive, played their part and a couple of them even gave her a hug to welcome her.

When the boys (my lad is in Beavers) have a similar thing happening, they don't pay attention, muck about, pick their noses, etc. Little rotters.

Back