• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

I just checked my bank statement & saw that I have finally got my Insure & Go travel insurance pay out. Only took about 8 months!!..

Quite sure it won't be in my bank account for long though, what with Christmas around the corner, but every little helps at this time of year, and at least I can put this whole drama to a final conclusion.

Classical Spectacular at the Royal Albert Hall last night. Great music, lasers, and some singing of Rule Britannia with the flags waving, and a finale of 1812 replete with cannons.

Oh and some great opera including Nessun Dorma.

Classical Spectacular at the Royal Albert Hall last night. Great music, lasers, and some singing of Rule Britannia with the flags waving, and a finale of 1812 replete with cannons.

Oh and some great opera including Nessun Dorma.

Any red trousers on display?

Today I was contacted on Facebook by a company here in Lake Havasu wanting to know if I was looking for work as a graphic designer. Had the interview this afternoon, and I start a trial period on Monday!

Bit nervous as it's actually been a couple of years since I had a full time job (for various reasons), but even if it doesn't work out, it will allow me to brush up on my skills.

So now I'll make sure I enjoy this Thanksgiving weekend before I start my new job!

I rebuilt the carburetor on my 1986 Yamaha 2 stroke outboard and after re-assembling everything it started first time.

I love mince pies but always try to hold out until December 1st before stuffing my face with them.

A colleague tells me that the sloe gin ones at Aldi are "the best you'll get on the high street"

I got a couple from Patisserie Valerie on Monday, they were the serious business, and as Benfleet says, mince pies are not diabetic friendly, but sod it.

I love mince pies but always try to hold out until December 1st before stuffing my face with them.

A colleague tells me that the sloe gin ones at Aldi are "the best you'll get on the high street"

The ones from Greggs are bloody good as I found out last night.

Was told last night by my daughters music teacher that she has the potental to become a sound engineer. One proud daddy.

Nice one. MK Jnr is leaping up in her swimming lessons - from beginners to intermediate in under a year. She's 6 and she's swims better than me. :hilarious:

Nice one. MK Jnr is leaping up in her swimming lessons - from beginners to intermediate in under a year. She's 6 and she's swims better than me. :hilarious:

My mates daughter is like that. She's started diving lessons now, they actually think she could be Olympic material. She is 7 years old.

My mates daughter is like that. She's started diving lessons now, they actually think she could be Olympic material. She is 7 years old.

Mine has no fear. If I let her she'd happily jump in the deep end. If I can't stand up, it ain't happening.

Same here and being a Pisces, it hardly adds to the astrology thing!

Er....that's maybe because it's all utter bollocks?

I was in Hampstead Lido with my mates some 20+ years ago and they're strong swimmers. I swam out to meet them, realised I couldn't touch the floor, panicked and swam back and just about made it. Never again!

Back