• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Welsh Harp Reservoir just off the North Circular a possible option? Or anything round Rickmansworth / Uxbridge way? I know there is lots of water there, but not sure what they get up to!

We've done all the research. There's nowhere really close by.

I have a few fruit trees in my garden - a big old cooking apple tree which means I'm going to overdose on crumbles & pies (and I'll have to give a load away), and a fig tree. Now fresh figs are lovely, but no one in my house will even try them, meaning I'm having to eat 2/3 a day or they'll just go rotten. :stunned:

I have a few fruit trees in my garden - a big old cooking apple tree which means I'm going to overdose on crumbles & pies (and I'll have to give a load away), and a fig tree. Now fresh figs are lovely, but no one in my house will even try them, meaning I'm having to eat 2/3 a day or they'll just go rotten. :stunned:

Don't they freeze, or do you have some work colleagues who would welcome them? That's what I've always done when I've had an excess of anything fruit or veg wise in my garden. You normally find someone else will be happy to swap for something.

As it's A-Level results day, I look forward to the Daily Mail stock footage of a home counties blonde twins jumping in the air when it's revealed they've got A* in something, but it doesn't really matter as daddy is already something big in the city.

As it's A-Level results day, I look forward to the Daily Mail stock footage of a home counties blonde twins jumping in the air when it's revealed they've got A* in something, but it doesn't really matter as daddy is already something big in the city.

The Guardian have lots of articles on clearing but never reveal how Polly Toynbee got into Oxford with one A level.

Surely that would be much more useful than comparing the relative merits of post 92 institutions.

God, you are a bitter man.

I am quite big and work in the city.

No way are my kids mooching from me because I can't afford it.

I'm reminded now of my results day. A funny old one as of our group of four close pals, one got in to his first choice, one in to his insurance, one flunked completely and one (me) was in a bit of limbo as I got the right results but in the wrong subjects. So the mood was a bit mixed.

All ended up fine, although we went out for a very big booze up and I set a new record by still being sick at 8pm the following evening.

All good fun.

I'm reminded now of my results day. A funny old one as of our group of four close pals, one got in to his first choice, one in to his insurance, one flunked completely and one (me) was in a bit of limbo as I got the right results but in the wrong subjects. So the mood was a bit mixed.

All ended up fine, although we went out for a very big booze up and I set a new record by still being sick at 8pm the following evening.

All good fun.

I never did A Levels....GCEs, O-Level (1), City & Guilds (lots), BR Apprenticeship, ONC, HNC and a BSc Degree.

Considering a second degree in History or something, but not entirely sure I can afford it.

All good fun.

I was the first to find out at my school and easily got in first choice. My mate had to call his uni up but they accepted his lower grades. we went round a mates house as he had just brewed some beer and we ended up at Tots. Great day can't remember much from then until four years later.

I didn't quite hit my predicted grades but still went to Cambridge.

Southend won 1-0 with an Ian Benjamin goal.

Back