• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

The annual Jungle bollocks is over and I saw about 5 minutes of it. Still no idea which Z-list sleb won and I really don't care who did.

I thought it was really good this year. It's quite something to be snobby about this - I'd heard of all of the participants. Toff won, but Iain Lee was my favourite, came 3rd.

I thought it was really good this year. It's quite something to be snobby about this - I'd heard of all of the participants. Toff won, but Iain Lee was my favourite, came 3rd.

It's nothing to do with being "snobby", god knows I watch enough junk - it's exactly the same show every year. Take some slebs, put them in situations where they have to test themselves (be that eating kangeroo penises/being covered with bugs etc etc)/bore them for 23hrs a day so they talk about themselves and "open up", A&D do the same shtick.

And the trick of American TV where the slebs talk about what they've done rather than just bloody well show it. I am truly amazed that it's so popular - it's so formulaic and really quite dull.

Agreed. It was good fun and the right result imho. It's called light entertainment, and beats most of the tripe on tv.

It's nothing to do with being "snobby", god knows I watch enough junk - it's exactly the same show every year. Take some slebs, put them in situations where they have to test themselves (be that eating kangeroo penises/being covered with bugs etc etc)/bore them for 23hrs a day so they talk about themselves and "open up", A&D do the same shtick.

And the trick of American TV where the slebs talk about what they've done rather than just bloody well show it. I am truly amazed that it's so popular - it's so formulaic and really quite dull.

For the same reason I've not bothered with The Apprentice for about 3 years now. It's just a bunch of business people who big themselves up each week, and then have an argument to save their skin.

It's now boring.

For the same reason I've not bothered with The Apprentice for about 3 years now. It's just a bunch of business people who big themselves up each week, and then have an argument to save their skin.

It's now boring.

Like all "reality" shows sadly, they've all had their day.

Our grandson had sepsis! :stunned:

Agreed. It was good fun and the right result imho. It's called light entertainment, and beats most of the tripe on tv.

I always love I'm a Celeb, and I thought this year's was really good. Ant & Dec were on fine form, the winner, Toff, just totally restored my faith in human nature, such a sweet girl. Boris' dad was fun, the only one I'd never heard of was the You tube guy who left early. My only criticism is that I think they're made the eating/drinking ones too much, they shouldn't have to drink a pint of blended animal parts for goodness sake! Likewise the whole bowl of revolting soup Becca had to. Just rein it back a bit, please.

The H&SE have deemed that tinsel around monitors & VDUs is not a health risk....!

giphy.gif

Got a ticket for Dylan's concert here next March at the Liceu.Outrageously expensive and slap bang in the middle of the Easter hols.but I'm a happy bunny.

I'm guessing you won't be after the concert. I saw him a few years ago at the O2. His voice has gone. Heaven knows how bad it'll be now.

That said, at least I can say I saw him live...

Apologies for the Graniud link, but I had to stifle my laughter in the office just now.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/booksblog/2017/dec/13/harry-potter-botnik-jk-rowling

“To Harry, Ron was a loud, slow, and soft bird. Harry did not like to think about birds.”

“They looked at the door, screaming about how closed it was and asking it to be replaced with a small orb. The password was ‘BEEF WOMEN,’ Hermione cried.”

I'm guessing you won't be after the concert. I saw him a few years ago at the O2. His voice has gone. Heaven knows how bad it'll be now.

That said, at least I can say I saw him live...

I've sen him live loads of times,including his last visit here two years ago.Very rare for him to play an indoor concert in Barna.

That's a Smiths song isn't it? :unsure:

Heaven knows I'm miserable now.:winking:

Back